Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E85 Drains

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Neilc

E85 Drains

Post by Neilc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi guys and girls,

I've got water under my passenger seat, I've unblocked driver and passenger rear drains which I'm hoping has solved the problem. Has anyone else had this issue and was it the rear drains that caused it?
2.5Si Stirling grey Z4, green cotton induction kit, front & rear strut brace, clear third brake light, 19" deep dish alloys, Eibach Pro springs and colour coded duck tail spoiler.

Mike6

E85 Drains

Post by Mike6 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Water on the passenger side can be getting in via the door card, the door seals or a blocked scuttle. If the roof motor drain holes get blocked water overflows and can find its way in behind the seats. I think this is what mine is suffering from but it is very difficult to unblock on the passenger side as the roof motor get in the way of a good rodding. I am going to get the roof motor noved into the boot this spring so hopefully I can then rod the holes properly.
You may want to check the other leak areas and when you say you have cleared them did you get a flow of water.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

E85 Drains

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Neilc wrote:Hi guys and girls,

I've got water under my passenger seat, I've unblocked driver and passenger rear drains which I'm hoping has solved the problem. Has anyone else had this issue and was it the rear drains that caused it?
As above - Problem is most likely to be related to a damaged membrane in the passenger door. Remove the door card and check it is intact and fully sealed.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Neilc

E85 Drains

Post by Neilc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi,

That would make sense as I've had the door cards off for a week while I've being doing sound deadening and stereo upgrade. I refitted it all now so hopefully it should be all sorted now. I might pop the cards off again and double check though just in case
2.5Si Stirling grey Z4, green cotton induction kit, front & rear strut brace, clear third brake light, 19" deep dish alloys, Eibach Pro springs and colour coded duck tail spoiler.