Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aux/Bluetooth receiver

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Aux/Bluetooth receiver

Post by Redzedfour » Thu May 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Another member had mentioned about a bluetooth reciever in a another post but for the life of me i can't rememer who it was.

Today i took delivery of the same Bluetooth receiver and after charging it up i gave it a whirl and i'm very impressed with it, very easy to set up i didn't even have to put in the passcode,now i can have the ipod wire free and not sat on the centre console the only thing i need to do is velcro the receiver to the panel under the heater controls.

Whoever it was who mentioned this item i thank you a great bit of kit :thumbsup:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200659372788? ... 1497.l2649
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

wegras

Re: Aux/Bluetooth receiver

Post by wegras » Thu May 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Trouble is we have found an even better one
Blackberry Music Gateway needs usb power but once paired re-pairs automatically when powered up so no pairing everytime :thumbsup:
and found some 10cm 3.5-3.5 cables on Amazon just right length to Aux socket
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Thu May 03, 2012 5:15 pm

How's it better if you have to have it powered all the time the one i bought once it is charged it will last for 12hrs i get your point that the Blackberry one connects automatically which is easier but all i have to do is tap the connect button on the Ipod and job done. :thumbsup:

The Blackberry one does seem to be a bit more money on Ebay.
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

wegras

Post by wegras » Thu May 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Redzedfour wrote:How's it better if you have to have it powered all the time the one i bought once it is charged it will last for 12hrs i get your point that the Blackberry one connects automatically which is easier but all i have to do is tap the connect button on the Ipod and job done. :thumbsup:

The Blackberry one does seem to be a bit more money on Ebay.
It isn't powered on all the time it gets it's power from USB plug into lighter socket which I push in to power up
Then powers up automatically pairing with iPhone or can be connected to ignition power through a suitable
12v>5v adapter
I have the eBay one and got fed up with having to pair each time I wanted to use it, seems not to have a pairing memory

starting music,and sat nav and pairing was just too much in one phone :cry:
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Thu May 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Ah i see i will see how i get on with this one but at the mo seems ok but i've not used for any length of time :thumbsup:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu May 03, 2012 7:46 pm

IIRC it was paza

ChuckDumper

Post by ChuckDumper » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 pm

I used to run one of these Jabra Crusier 2 bluetooth speaker phonesin my old bimmer 325 and it was fantastic...it can wirelessly connect to your in car stereo via the fm dial! just like those old school hook ups from the early 2000's. Except with it you didnt have to plug anything into it directly. It has a2dp so it would stream multimedia from my phone, to itself and play it across the fm dial! Was a pretty easy and inexpensive way to manage iPhone/iPod devices whilst on the road :thumbsup: