Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

03 Sport Seat Retrofit to M 06 Seats

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Deniss_lv

03 Sport Seat Retrofit to M 06 Seats

Post by Deniss_lv » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Hey!

I know this topic was open many times and I read practicly every thread and reply on it, but I am still confused.
So
I have a 03 Z4 2.5 with Standart sport seat ( electric, heated)
I got my hands on a pair of M sports seat ( electric, heated).

Now I know that I will get passenger airbar light if I just plug it in ( after disconecting the batery etc.)

In order to prevent this I need either to replace the passenger occupancy sensor ( which I do not wanna do - tear down both seats..spend some 3-4 hours and eventually I could still fail somewhere as inexperienced dude ) or get a bypass module from Ebay.
Now what I still do not understand :

Do I need to cut off the black box from the old seat and connect it to new seat and then connect the bypass to it? Or I can connect the bypass unit straight up?

Thanks

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Re: 03 Sport Seat Retrofit to M 06 Seats

Post by mac27040 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:55 pm

If the new seats are facelift then you need to use the black box from the old passenger seat and plug in the bypass module of eBay

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk pro
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:58 pm

You will then need to get the car coded to remove the passenger seat belt reminder otherwise the chimes will go off as the bypass module makes the car think that the seat is occupied. SSSv32 retro section software can sort this.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk pro
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Deniss_lv

Post by Deniss_lv » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Thank you!
Now this thing is clear.