Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Interior window switches removal

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:53 pm

How are the window switches removed ??
I don't want to go tugging at them and break something. Also how is the gear surround removed.

Russ
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: Interior window switches removal

Post by Bing » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Edited - because I didn't know what I was talking about :lol:
Last edited by Bing on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Terryvision » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Russ59 wrote:How are the window switches removed ??
I don't want to go tugging at them and break something. Also how is the gear surround removed.

Russ
First of buy some trim tools!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BTF6 ... X110_SY165

The window switch & surrounds come off easy just prise up one of the edges with a plastic spatular or trim tool!

The gear surround is similar but no tools are needed. Just pinch the Leather gaiter either side with your fingers and thumbs and give it a good tug vertical the gaiter and surround will pop off as a whole, if the gaiter just comes off then just give the surround another tug ... Simples :)