Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Multi function steering wheel retro fit? Confused?

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
ScoobyR1

Multi function steering wheel retro fit? Confused?

Post by ScoobyR1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi guys
I apologise upfront for covering old ground here, I know I've probably missed the boat by a good few years but I've only just joined the esteemed Z4 ownership brother/sisterhood. :)
My question to the gathered brains trust is this : I own a 2003 E85 2.5 Z4 ( registered in June 2003) Flushed with the success of retrofitting cruise control to my Zed, also through reading online that it was possible to retrofit a MFSW to the Z4, I thought to myself that this would be the next logical upgrade I could achieve. I have found the BMW instruction on how to retrofit and the part no. 65 71 0 304 942/3. This is where the confusion arises, on further investigation with my local BMW (Peter Vardy Edinburgh) and Soper BMW Lincoln they both suggest that the part no. quoted is not suitable as a retrofit to any pre 09/03 Z4. My question is this, has anybody used the retrofit kit on a pre 09/03 Z4? Also does anybody know if any other BMW MFSW from another model will fit ?

Many thanks
'03 Titan Silver 3.0 auto. Hand controls, CC, MFSW CSL reps, H&R ARB's, :thumbsup:

Now sold '03 Sterling grey 2.5 E85 :(

Amsterdam

Re: Multi function steering wheel retro fit? Confused?

Post by Amsterdam » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:20 am

I cant give you any help unfortunately but interested in doing this steering wheel swap on my Z4 mines a dec 03 car - i already have the cruise control as standard.

lets hope for some replies from the members