Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD: Midnight Z4MC, 71K, £17500

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:25 pm

wildeboy wrote:OK, the car has now sold to the first viewer, paid for and driven away!

This will raise the question of was it priced too low?

I am certainly happy with what I got, and the buyer is happy with what he got so you have to say the price was perfect. I have had a years free motoring, insurance, tax, probably even fuel!

The buyer is registered on here and will no doubt make himself known.

Good luck to those who are still looking.
I guess you could have listed it at £19995 then dropped it over a period of time until it sold for whatever ££ that might be ? ,
Could it have sold for more ?
That will be left to speculation but id say happy days for both parties :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

dbooth4

Post by dbooth4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Very pleased with the purchase. Used to be part of the z3m club, which I regretted selling some time ago. Now part of the z4m club :)

LostBoy_84

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:05 pm

dbooth4 wrote:Very pleased with the purchase. Used to be part of the z3m club, which I regretted selling some time ago. Now part of the z4m club :)
Congrats, enjoy :driving:
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:45 pm

dbooth4 wrote:Very pleased with the purchase. Used to be part of the z3m club, which I regretted selling some time ago. Now part of the z4m club :)
Congrats, looking forward to a pic here soon :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92949
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Sold in 24 hours. Incredible really, because nothing is selling according to the experts on here.

Beautiful looking car btw - congrats to buyer and seller. :thumbsup:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:05 pm

original guvnor wrote:Sold in 24 hours. Incredible really, because nothing is selling according to the experts on here.

I think this proves a real point about the current M marketplace & that is the ones with decent history , spec & condition coupled with a realistic ask price will result in a sale :?
If Op had hung it up at £19995 i would expect it to be there for a good while :(
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:08 pm

As a new buyer it would be interested to hear your thoughts on the market right now? How many did you see, how long were you looking for...did you discount any of the others for sale?

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:09 pm

mr wilks wrote:
original guvnor wrote:Sold in 24 hours. Incredible really, because nothing is selling according to the experts on here.

I think this proves a real point about the current M marketplace & that is the ones with decent history , spec & condition coupled with a realistic ask price will result in a sale :?
If Op had hung it up at £19995 i would expect it to be there for a good while :(
Does 2 grand really make that that much of a difference?

dbooth4

Post by dbooth4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:02 pm

I had originally set out looking for a roadster and viewed a couple. In the back of my mind I really wanted a coupe though. After seeing a coupe close up I convinced myself to spend a bit more and get one. I had planned to see a couple over the last few weeks (on eBay and auto trader, trade and similar prices / mileage ) and have sold before I've managed to get. There was one on eBay appeared last week which I was arranging to view. That turned out to be a cat d. I was prepared to travel to find one but one turning up pretty local was brilliant .

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:16 pm

dbooth4 wrote:I had originally set out looking for a roadster and viewed a couple. In the back of my mind I really wanted a coupe though. After seeing a coupe close up I convinced myself to spend a bit more and get one. I had planned to see a couple over the last few weeks (on eBay and auto trader, trade and similar prices / mileage ) and have sold before I've managed to get. There was one on eBay appeared last week which I was arranging to view. That turned out to be a cat d. I was prepared to travel to find one but one turning up pretty local was brilliant .
Which was the Cat D in case anyone else might be thinking of looking at it?
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

dbooth4

Post by dbooth4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:34 pm

It's still on ebay. Sepang bronze, 49K on the clock advertised for £17.5. Thought it was too good to be true. Owner claimed he never new about it but was more than willing to negotiate a new price now he knew. Interestingly there is still no mention of cat d in the advert .

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:45 pm

wildeboy wrote:OK, the car has now sold to the first viewer, paid for and driven away!

This will raise the question of was it priced too low?

I am certainly happy with what I got, and the buyer is happy with what he got so you have to say the price was perfect. I have had a years free motoring, insurance, tax, probably even fuel!

The buyer is registered on here and will no doubt make himself known.

Good luck to those who are still looking.
It is irrelevant really - so long as you and the buyer are happy there isn't a problem. :thumbsup:

If I had found some money down the back of the sofa I would have pestered you - looks like a good example priced realistically!

I just hope you have some more 4-wheeled excitement lined-up OP. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:56 pm

Angelus666 wrote:
mr wilks wrote:

Well splitting hairs the difference is actually £2500 give or take a pound & putting it bluntly i would say yes , it does clearly make a difference as the dearer ones are still for sale when the OPs car is not
Anyone looking to throw a sizeable amount of cash into a" weekend toy " is clearly no numpty so i would expect them to have done some homework & as we have seen month after month average cars with average miles are offered up with above average ask prices :( they are the ones that don't sell , not the good ones at decent ask prices
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

LostBoy_84

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:19 pm

dbooth4 wrote:It's still on ebay. Sepang bronze, 49K on the clock advertised for £17.5. Thought it was too good to be true. Owner claimed he never new about it but was more than willing to negotiate a new price now he knew. Interestingly there is still no mention of cat d in the advert .
I knew that one seemed too good to be true!
Last edited by LostBoy_84 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current

LostBoy_84

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:34 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Angelus666 wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
Well splitting hairs the difference is actually £2500 give or take a pound & putting it bluntly i would say yes , it does clearly make a difference as the dearer ones are still for sale when the OPs car is not
Anyone looking to throw a sizeable amount of cash into a" weekend toy " is clearly no numpty so i would expect them to have done some homework & as we have seen month after month average cars with average miles are offered up with above average ask prices :( they are the ones that don't sell , not the good ones at decent ask prices
I'd put money on the majority of cars that hang around for ages having incomplete/ suspicious history or being in poor condition. As you say, most potential buyers will be pretty savvy and waiting for 'a good one' to come along.
There've been very few that I'd say were overpriced.
I've seen 9 new MC's come up for sale in the last four weeks of which 5 are no longer for sale, so it would seem that certain cars sell quickly even at higher prices.
Gone but not forgotten

Current