Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPhone 7 through aux cable static/noise

donteatthat

Post by donteatthat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:01 am

Hi everyone, hope you're well.

So recently got an iPhone 7, can only listen to music through the Aux cable but the sound quality is awful. Tried my old iphone 6 and its fine, so maybe its having to listen to it through the little white Lightning-to-jack socket that Apple provide.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks for reading.

Simon.
Z4 - 2.5 Sapphire Blue

greencode

Post by greencode » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:34 am

donteatthat wrote:Hi everyone, hope you're well.

So recently got an iPhone 7, can only listen to music through the Aux cable but the sound quality is awful. Tried my old iphone 6 and its fine, so maybe its having to listen to it through the little white Lightning-to-jack socket that Apple provide.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks for reading.

Simon.
Strange that you're getting it on your 7 but on the 6. I had terrible static and engine noise with my 5s so purchased one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ldex-Ground-Is ... 01KL6W7UI/ and everything's now okay.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Is your iPhone 7 on charge at the same time as using the aux,
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

donteatthat

Post by donteatthat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:11 am

Hi, thanks for the replies, funnily I did buy the ground loop from amazon before I saw your reply and it cleared the problem brilliantly.

Reassured that it worked for you too.

Much appreciated.
Z4 - 2.5 Sapphire Blue