Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Weight loss tips?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
marchantsuk
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Weight loss tips?

Post by marchantsuk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Carol M wrote:Dukan all the way. It works and it stays off as it has a 'for life' method which is easy to maintain. :thumbsup:
Dukan Donuts ? :thumbsup:
Previous:
e89 2.5se Roadster
5 series touring
SLK 320
Audi A6 Avant Black edition
Now:
e86 M Coupe, Black/Red
Volvo XC60 R-Design

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Woots wrote:
Cassie-UK wrote:Wow, totally impressed with all the knowledge on here! I suppose a lot of it does come down to common sense.... I think for now I'm going to work on eating a little bit less, and will start up an exercise programme when I've finished the course and have a bit more time, if I survive the next two months, that is!

Thanks to all! :)
ahhh there is an issue.... "when youve finished the course"
start NOW...there can be no excuses....
when we do pt sometimes the PTI will absolutely beast us, and we will all be in pools of sweat, even when we do phys with the marines etc...
and at our last one we were all in bits, and he said "guys we've only been going 12 minutes...so now you know that you will ALWAYS have enough time to destroy your body in the gym no matter how busy you are" made absolute sense
obv dont annihilate yourself but just start slowly build up, even if its just going for a 10 min walk every day :thumbsup:
orrr buy the insanity workout dvd..

:thumbsup:
Lotus Exige 350

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 pm

marchantsuk wrote:
Carol M wrote:Dukan all the way. It works and it stays off as it has a 'for life' method which is easy to maintain. :thumbsup:
Dukan Donuts ? :thumbsup:
If only :(

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 pm

mrlozzer wrote:Exercise. Regularly. Eat healthily.
..........and die anyway Image

Bradders75

Post by Bradders75 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Woots wrote:
Cassie-UK wrote:Wow, totally impressed with all the knowledge on here! I suppose a lot of it does come down to common sense.... I think for now I'm going to work on eating a little bit less, and will start up an exercise programme when I've finished the course and have a bit more time, if I survive the next two months, that is!

Thanks to all! :)
ahhh there is an issue.... "when youve finished the course"
start NOW...there can be no excuses....
This ^^! Don't you dare give us the 'in a few months line' - strike while the iron is hot. If you haven't got much time, look up HIIT. Surely you can spare 10 mins a day? :poke:
2003 Z4 3.0i SE | nav / cruise / PDC / bluetooth / ellipsoids / xenons / clear indicators / m-sport seats / m-sport MFSW / ZHP / intravee |

2014 F56 MINI Cooper S | for bends |

2016 F20 M135i | for straights |

Ricey01

Post by Ricey01 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 pm

mrlozzer wrote:Exercise. Regularly. Eat healthily. Little and often, rather than big meals. And stick to it.
+1 Literally as simple as that :thumbsup:

Cassie-UK

Post by Cassie-UK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 am

Do you have a recipe for these Dukan Donuts? :P
2005 3.0 SE / Black Leather / Heated Electric Seats w Driver Memory / Rear Parking Sensor / Prof Sat Nav / Loads of Fun!

jakethecatuk

Post by jakethecatuk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:04 am

Jan 2011 I was 17st 9lbs and decided to do something about it.

I installed an app on my phone that allowed me to record all the calories I was taking in and what extra calories were burnt during the day. I set myself a goal of 1600 calories a day and after six months, I'd lost 3 st.

I also made sure I was eating regularly during the day so breakfast at 7:00ish, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, late evening snack. The snacks were typically around the 50-60 calorie mark (Snack a Jack rice cakes).

Add into the mix a little bit of exercise 3 times a week and it can work for you. I still went out for meals, I still had treats, but they weren't that often.

The key thing to it all though (and this has been said before) - you have got to want to lose weight and you have got to throw yourself 100% into the weight loss mindset.

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 am

Mrs Lozzer recently suggested that we should "exercise together regularly" to lose weight.

I don't mind admitting that I was very enthusiastic about her suggestion. Turns out that she had something completely differen in mind to me... :(
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

marchantsuk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by marchantsuk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 am

jakethecatuk wrote:Jan 2011 I was 17st 9lbs and decided to do something about it.

I installed an app on my phone that allowed me to record all the calories I was taking in and what extra calories were burnt during the day. I set myself a goal of 1600 calories a day and after six months, I'd lost 3 st.

I also made sure I was eating regularly during the day so breakfast at 7:00ish, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, late evening snack. The snacks were typically around the 50-60 calorie mark (Snack a Jack rice cakes).

Add into the mix a little bit of exercise 3 times a week and it can work for you. I still went out for meals, I still had treats, but they weren't that often.

The key thing to it all though (and this has been said before) - you have got to want to lose weight and you have got to throw yourself 100% into the weight loss mindset.
Good inspiration and well done :thumbsup:

Out of interest (and sorry if this is personal) but what are you like now, some 18 months on from Jan 2011? Do you still watch the calories or is it now a way of life? I only ask because having turned 40 a week ago I have also decided to make a change, I currently weigh around 105 kg's at 6 ft (16 1/2 stone) and whilst reasonably fit (built more like a rugby player than a footballer) would like to be closer to 90 kg's.
I downloaded the app mentioned earlier in this thread and have started the food diary. It's amazing how guilty you feel when having to record it.
Previous:
e89 2.5se Roadster
5 series touring
SLK 320
Now:
e86 M Coupe, Black/Red
Volvo XC60 R-Design

Rialas

Weight loss tips?

Post by Rialas » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:46 am

Joined a gym at the weekend. My goal to lower my BMI.
I'm in absolute pain today.

Did two sets on the tread mill 20 mins each. Hard work and only used up 220 calories. Less than the amount of calories in a hot chocolate.... Makes you think twice what you chuck in your mouth.

The 5.30pm diet is a great idea especially if you suffer from reflux. Worked for me until I went on holiday.... Now resumed. :thumbsup:

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Rialas wrote:Joined a gym at the weekend. My goal to lower my BMI.
I'm in absolute pain today.

Did two sets on the tread mill 20 mins each. Hard work and only used up 220 calories. Less than the amount of calories in a hot chocolate.... Makes you think twice what you chuck in your mouth.

The 5.30pm diet is a great idea especially if you suffer from reflux. Worked for me until I went on holiday.... Now resumed. :thumbsup:
Rialas, its very simple for you - cut out your milky coffees and your BMI will come down rapidly :D One of those probably equates to your gym session - or more. I recently tried an iced coffee fron Neros with half the milk powder to lower the cals - tasted bloody awful so don't recommend that tactic.
Gone: Interlagos Blue Z4 ///M Coupe
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift

marchantsuk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by marchantsuk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 pm

RubyBlueZ4MC wrote: I recently tried an iced coffee fron Neros with half the milk powder to lower the cals - tasted bloody awful so don't recommend that tactic.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Previous:
e89 2.5se Roadster
5 series touring
SLK 320
Now:
e86 M Coupe, Black/Red
Volvo XC60 R-Design

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Tapeworm egg...? :?
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Rialas

Weight loss tips?

Post by Rialas » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:39 pm

RubyBlueZ4MC wrote: recently tried an iced coffee fron Neros with half the milk powder to lower the cals - tasted bloody awful so don't recommend that tactic.
Yuk. You're not wrong. I'd rather have a Greek coffee :lol: