Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sodding neighbours

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by Chris_D » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:13 pm

raymond.harper wrote:Get an old car. When he has washed his car again and ice has formed in the dead of night drive old banger onto ice straight into his car. Don't have to do this at speed just a gentle slow impact down the side of his car which will probably rended it a write off. Explain to the Police who will no doubt arrive that you lost control due to some idiot washing his car in the freezing weather. Make sure your insurance on the old banger is correct and that you will pass an eyesight test. You will no doubt lose your name claims bonus but at our age that does not make a great difference. :D Or in the dead of night go onto to ice and lie down. Call 999 and an ambulance will arrive and wake everyone up. When police arrive blame it on neighbour and say you will be mounting a claim from him for damages. Or just have a quiet word with him
You sound like you've put a lot of thought into these ideas raymond? for a previous requirement perhaps?
scary. :lol:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Sky-drive

Sodding neighbours

Post by Sky-drive » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:37 pm

In the past with somewhat problematic neighbours I have posted a friendly note through the door advising of the situation.

If possible, take some photos of the ice for your records but at this stage I would drop a cordial hand-written letter (... could start by wishing him a Happy New Year) through his letterbox detailing the issue and risks with water freezing overnight from him washing his car and causing ice to form on the path.

In the letter just focus on the issue and not on him personally or his sexual orientation. Get a friend to write the letter for you if needs be as they wont be as emotionally connected to the issue so their tone in the letter may be more neutral.

Keep a copy of your letter and the date you posted it - some form of documentation might be a good idea with this particular individual if the situation escalates.

Your neighbour might just be completely unaware of any problem.

Good luck.
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Smartbear wrote:Best thing is to knock & ask him politely not to do it, its easy for these things to escalate & get messy.
Hope he listens to reason.
Rob
This does not always work as people dont act the way you would think they will.
I have a new neighbour across the road from me.
His driveway is almost exactly across from mine.
The angle of the driveway and his car type means he cannot use the driveway without scraping the s**t out of his bumpers so parks on the road, outside his driveway, right across from mine.
I asked him politely if there was any way he could park 5ft either way to give a bit more access to the driveway to save bumping over kerbs or doing 7 point turns. His answer was "I should be allowed to park outside my own driveway"
Fair enough, he obviously doesnt care about his new neighbours so f**k him.
What goes around comes around.
Oh, he is an MOD cop so I should have known he was a t**t before talking to him in the first place.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

mattyp

Sodding neighbours

Post by mattyp » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Unfortunately winning an argument with a genius is extremely difficult, winning an argument against an idiot is impossible.
Does not make it right or any easier unfortunately but past behaviours mean you know which camp this cretin falls into.
E86 2007 Monaco Blue Metallic 3.0 Si SE with Beige Heated Leather

Sodding neighbours

Post by sticky » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Nictrix wrote:
Smartbear wrote:Best thing is to knock & ask him politely not to do it, its easy for these things to escalate & get messy.
Hope he listens to reason.
Rob
This does not always work as people dont act the way you would think they will.
I have a new neighbour across the road from me.
His driveway is almost exactly across from mine.
The angle of the driveway and his car type means he cannot use the driveway without scraping the s**t out of his bumpers so parks on the road, outside his driveway, right across from mine.
I asked him politely if there was any way he could park 5ft either way to give a bit more access to the driveway to save bumping over kerbs or doing 7 point turns. His answer was "I should be allowed to park outside my own driveway"
Fair enough, he obviously doesnt care about his new neighbours so f**k him.
What goes around comes around.
Oh, he is an MOD cop so I should have known he was a t**t before talking to him in the first place.
They have nothing to say outside of their job, I know,, was offered the same job when I left the Army. Not for me,

AndyBeech

Sodding neighbours

Post by AndyBeech » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't see what job has to do with it apart from a stupid generalisation. I know people in that job and they're good lads, says more about you I'd suggest.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:18 pm

AndyBeech wrote:I don't see what job has to do with it apart from a stupid generalisation. I know people in that job and they're good lads, says more about you I'd suggest.
Maybe it actually says more about you and who your friends are :)
These days it seems to take a particular kind of person to do these jobs and they are not normal approachable people.
I was nothing but nice to the guy and even moved my car out of my driveway to allow a skip motor to line up better with his driveway to drop a skip off to help him out. All I politely asked was if he could do us a favour and park 5ft away from where he was and he basically told me to do one.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

AndyBeech

Sodding neighbours

Post by AndyBeech » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Nictrix wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:I don't see what job has to do with it apart from a stupid generalisation. I know people in that job and they're good lads, says more about you I'd suggest.
Maybe it actually says more about you and who your friends are :)
These days it seems to take a particular kind of person to do these jobs and they are not normal approachable people.
I was nothing but nice to the guy and even moved my car out of my driveway to allow a skip motor to line up better with his driveway to drop a skip off to help him out. All I politely asked was if he could do us a favour and park 5ft away from where he was and he basically told me to do one.
I never said I was friends with the guys I know, I just know some of them. And secondly there are arseholes in every job, does that make them all idiots because of their occupation which probably has nothing to do with it. Is every builder or labourer some fat guy with his arse crack hanging out shouting out rubbish to woman walking by? The point is the job is irrelevant, if you judge someone by the occupation that makes you the idiot, but whatever.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by ronk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:57 pm

You can choose friends but not family or neighbours!

Acts of any kindness are often not reciprocated.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Geezah

Sodding neighbours

Post by Geezah » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:34 am

If you do choose to take Chris's advice and kill him. Make sure you do it with a car, you'll probably get away with a suspended sentence or 12 months at the most. Problem solved at minimal inconvenience!
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:36 am

i don't think you will be able to stop a fella washing his car on his own property ..and he isn't " liable" for the water or the effect the weather has on It thereafter ..

How often is the temp below freezing point and he is out washing his car?

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 am

Geezah wrote:If you do choose to take Chris's advice and kill him. Make sure you do it with a car
Yep, just say you skidded on some ice outside your house :wink:

maxman

Sodding neighbours

Post by maxman » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:46 pm

I would just let it pass,as ZM-2006 said ,how often do we have frost causing icy roads.The neighbor sounds an unthinking or inconsiderate type of person.

Pastry

Sodding neighbours

Post by Pastry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Chris_D wrote:Kill him.
yw :thumbsup:
There's an awful lot of drival , sorry I mean 'advice' being spouted Ronk... I'm with Chris, just pop a cap in his ass :wink: :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Sodding neighbours

Post by MrPT » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Buy some crampons and when he next sees you, walk with hilarious, Monty Python-style knee lifts.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone