Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NYC VISIT

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
DMC63

NYC VISIT

Post by DMC63 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Great pics. I love NY. Haven't been since '91. Stayed on Ave D opposite the Spanish park.
It was absolutely crazy back then. Loved it soo much. Was living a a squatted apartment block. It was like being
in a film. :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

jamesditchy

NYC VISIT

Post by jamesditchy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:15 pm

TonyP wrote:
jamesditchy wrote:+1 for keens steakhouse. Excellent food in traditional setting. God knows how long it took them to stick all those steak knives to the ceilings
They're not steak knives, they are old clay pipes, apparently there are approx 45,000 attached to the ceilings & they have about the same again in storage, according to our server anyway.
Oh that's right. It was a good few years ago when we were there. All the waiters wore leather aprons too if I remember

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

NYC VISIT

Post by patriot66 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Intrepid Air and Space Museum is awesome ! http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/ WWII mahoooossive aircraft carrier with loads of aircraft plus SR71 Blackbird, a Concorde and the Space Shuttle Enterprise !
Sam Ash Music Store behind The New Yorker Hotel on W 34th St is mind blowing if your a musician, particularly a guitarist. Room after room of guitars inc. vintage/antiques, keyboards, drums etc. I could literally spend a fortune in there ! :thumbsup:
The Tribeca Grill is excellent for dining out. The 36oz Ribeye Steak for two is superb ! Co-owned by Robert de Niro, his paintings hang on the walls and make sure you check out all his posters and memorabilia in the corridor on your way to the 'John' !! :D
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Spock

NYC VISIT

Post by Spock » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Not quite a restaurant recommendation from me, but you should eat at a proper NYC deli. I think the Carnegie Deli has closed, though I'm not to sure, and there are plenty of others. Make sure you have some home made/cooked corned beef or pastrami. You should also have a 'slice' at a proper Italian-American take away pizza shop. Don't offend the Family!

A visit to the NYSE or the NASDAQ are interesting if you can get one organised. Go to an event in Madison Square Garden. And if you have time go to a baseball game. (Yankees, not Mets!)

And drink cocktails!

TonyP

NYC VISIT

Post by TonyP » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Spock wrote:I think the Carnegie Deli has closed.......
Indeed it did on the 30th Dec 2016, shame as Mrs P & I had a lovely breakfast there during our stay late last year.
Cdeli2.jpg
Cdeli2.jpg (66.09 KiB) Viewed 289 times