Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ferry cost

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ferry cost

Post by ronk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 am

Due to unforeseen family events we had to make changes to the ferry crossing dates for the Netherlands / Germany trip in the summer - we needed to bring it forward by two weeks - they wanted an extra £300

I did the amendments on the web site and the local office - both £300

After telephoning the main office - the amendment charge dropped to a more reasonable £70 - I'm going on holiday now and I can give the new 35is a proper run out. :thumbsup:

If my daughter produces our no.2 grandchild a week early I will have a valid excuse to hurry back on the Autobahn!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Ferry cost

Post by buzyg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:36 am

The world is full of companies out to screw ever last Peneth out of you. Worth a bit of ringing around to save £230. :thumbsup:

Have a good one & do hurry back safely. :driving:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ferry cost

Post by ronk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:55 am

Unfortunately there's only one ferry that operates from the Tyne. They have us over a barrel. The next closest port is Hull, 130 miles south.

NickDE

Ferry cost

Post by NickDE » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 pm

ronk wrote:Unfortunately there's only one ferry that operates from the Tyne. They have us over a barrel. The next closest port is Hull, 130 miles south.
Agreed. Also painfully slow boarding and no WiFi on board. Very convenient location though, and the departure/arrival times work well for me.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Ferry cost

Post by Chris_D » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 am

It's a lovely way to get to holland tho ronk if u havent used it before.
Used the hull-rotterdam ferry a bazillion times now when travellin with the motor and it's always a pleasure.
If I'm on me todd i'll check in then head offup to the bar on the top viewing deck at the back of the ship- a popular hangout to enjoy a beer and watch the world go by as you set sail. I usually get chattin to someone and last time it was a lovely family who were just in to travellin around using different ferries. They found my story of when the new ferries came into service around 2002/3 when i eagerly headed up to the top deck for a swim in the pool, (cos i'd seen an artists impression of the new ferries, with pool, in a magazine on the old ferry) only to find a bar and a bemused barman wondering why i was walkin around with a towel over me shoulder, hugely entertaining! :oops:
Then head indoors to get some scran at the buffet restaurant, then off to catch the cheesy cabaret show and sh!t comedian, lol.
Cabin with a window is a must too and i always sleep like a baby- must be the gentle rocking motion.
Highly recommended :thumbsup:

Edit: always great sunsets when departing hull too :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (103.3 KiB) Viewed 414 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ferry cost

Post by ronk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:09 am

The port of Tyne is 20 miles away from my front door and it's 17.00 departure - we always go commodore plus for an extra £200 - worth every penny !

It docks at IJmuiden - and only 5 miles to motorway.

I'm only too pleased that I was able to sort the stupid price increase :thumbsup:

I've used the ferry from Hull before and it's fine - but the extra 110 miles in the uk is a pain when coming home. :|