Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car ads..........

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Car ads..........

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:30 am

Is it just me or does anyone else get really peed off when they read a car ad and you know it's totally inaccurate.
I've just seen one on Autotrader for a Z4 which says '17inch wheels' when I clearly know it's got 18inch 108s, electric windows front and REAR :headbang: and new BREAK pads all round. Ffs it's spelt BRAKE you morons!
I think I need help :cry:

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Car ads..........

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:37 am

Pet hate of mine, one of many lol..

Mike

bmwaddict

Car ads..........

Post by bmwaddict » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 am

What about "Low Mileage" in the title, and then you see its on 98,000... Low mileage for what? A city bus?!
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Car ads..........

Post by Nictrix » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 am

I have seen a lot of ads where it gives 2 different sizes for the wheels in the description.
A lot of the ads just seem to repeat the same things a couple of times, must be so it looks like the car has more options than it really has.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

lordgrover

Car ads..........

Post by lordgrover » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:39 am

Autotrader's 'Key Facts' is as entered by the seller, but 'This car comes with' is a collection of tick boxes for 'standard' features and options. I have an ad at the moment which took some editing and proofreading to amend what Autotrader thinks is standard.

Need to sell to finance my Z4 purchase: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 2112211097
Critique welcome! Anything to sell it sooner. :)

maxman

Car ads..........

Post by maxman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 am

lordgrover wrote:Autotrader's 'Key Facts' is as entered by the seller, but 'This car comes with' is a collection of tick boxes for 'standard' features and options. I have an ad at the moment which took some editing and proofreading to amend what Autotrader thinks is standard.

Need to sell to finance my Z4 purchase: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 2112211097
That is a super looking car for not a lot of money,are you going for z4m .

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Car ads..........

Post by MACK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm

lordgrover wrote:Autotrader's 'Key Facts' is as entered by the seller, but 'This car comes with' is a collection of tick boxes for 'standard' features and options. I have an ad at the moment which took some editing and proofreading to amend what Autotrader thinks is standard.

Lovely looking car and a beautifully written ad! :rofl:
I can't believe Toyota called the particular model that, all those D's in the title make it sound like a Diesel!!! :poke:
Is that front reg plate road legal? I always thought they had to be a certain size etc.
What happened with the engine? Have you just been unlucky or are the engines in them proving problematic?
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Car ads..........

Post by firebobby » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Nice car Winston Wolf :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

lordgrover

Car ads..........

Post by lordgrover » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:47 pm

maxman wrote:

Thanks. The ride in the GT86 is great for pressing on, but I need something a little softer for the daily grind - for a while at least. Looking for a well specced SE at the moment.
MACK wrote:I can't believe Toyota called the particular model that, all those D's in the title make it sound like a Diesel!!! :poke:
Is that front reg plate road legal? I always thought they had to be a certain size etc.
What happened with the engine? Have you just been unlucky or are the engines in them proving problematic?
I've had the same size front plate on several cars from a TVR Griffith, 350Z and this one. I just prefer the look on some cars. Don;t think it's necessary on the Z4 though so will leave as-is when I (finally) get one.
Toyota GB never reported back, but the engine seized and speculation is that a combination of shared oil galleries and not using proper gaskets and using excess sealant means the oilways may block. Dunno really. Very few reported, but I'm not alone - heard of two others in UK and a few more in US. After a backwards/forwards debate, Toyota GB replaced the engine under warranty FOC so can't complain - it's 4.1/2 years old and north of 50k miles.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Car ads..........

Post by MACK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:57 pm

lordgrover wrote:
maxman wrote:

Thanks. The ride in the GT86 is great for pressing on, but I need something a little softer for the daily grind - for a while at least. Looking for a well specced SE at the moment.
MACK wrote:I can't believe Toyota called the particular model that, all those D's in the title make it sound like a Diesel!!! :poke:
I've had the same size front plate on several cars from a TVR Griffith, 350Z and this one. I just prefer the look on some cars. Don;t think it's necessary on the Z4 though so will leave as-is when I (finally) get one.
Toyota GB never reported back, but the engine seized and speculation is that a combination of shared oil galleries and not using proper gaskets and using excess sealant means the oilways may block. Dunno really. Very few reported, but I'm not alone - heard of two others in UK and a few more in US. After a backwards/forwards debate, Toyota GB replaced the engine under warranty FOC so can't complain - it's 4.1/2 years old and north of 50k miles.
Thanks,

Where did you get the plate? I got a mate who's into his classics that a smaller plate would work a treat on.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

lordgrover

Car ads..........

Post by lordgrover » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:03 pm