Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

More mindless vandalism

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
LordOxygen

More mindless vandalism

Post by LordOxygen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Bad luck, it's gut wrenching when you see it and realise what's happened.
Some s**t head did my old Aero Saab a few years ago. the entire side, front to back (both doors and wings) on the passenger side. I was convinced it happened in a supermarket carpark but didn't notice until it was at work later in the day, so couldn't really do anything about it.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

More mindless vandalism

Post by TitanTim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Very annoying and the incovienience of affecting repairs etc. What annoys me the most is even if the person was caught nothing would be done and certainly nothing that would act as a deterrant. I would quite happily support a body part being removed from an offender as a deterrant, finger or an ear to act as a reminder not to do it again. Electric chair for knicking alloys.

Tim.

DMC63

More mindless vandalism

Post by DMC63 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Strange that keying would be a near perfect straight line especially over three panels. The person would be walking or running past and the up down motion of walking combined with the arm movement would give it some wavering. Unless they had their arm out of a passing car.

Sorry to hear this tho'. Someone key'd my ford fiasco on the back. It's an old teapot, can't see why they did it. Some people are at odds with themselves to put it politely.
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

More mindless vandalism

Post by paddy wright » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:29 pm

:thumbsdown: terrible thing for someone to do- hope you get it sorted cheaply!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Sae

More mindless vandalism

Post by Sae » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 pm

I feel your rage, complete w*****s.

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

More mindless vandalism

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:44 pm

As you say, it's odd that your car should be the only one touched :? Were you close to or opposite someone's drive?

It's a permanent concern of mine as it's such a simple yet dreadful act whose cause can often never be known - so frustrating and annoying. Sadly often sick and twisted individuals with real issues that no amount of accountability or deterrent will stop.

There but for the grace of god go any of us . . . dreadful; often return to my M with trepidation and concern for any damage of this sort :( :thumbsdown: :headbang:

Mate of mine said best thing in a case like this is to just get it sorted as soon as to get over the impact. . .

Once saw a horse and trap with a horse out of control going downhill - smashed into and dragged along 4 parked cars with the owner unable to do anything about it. . . did he return - not a chance.

Over the years, all four corner of my family hack have been scraped in our local Tesco carpark - has anyone ever owned up, left a note of waited to see me - never. . .

Awful to read about another incident; hope you get it resolved as soon as possible PVR.
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

LewisB

More mindless vandalism

Post by LewisB » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:08 am

I just don't understand any type of mindless vandalism. :headbang:
Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - Ruby Black - Champagne Nappa leather - my weekend drive......

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

More mindless vandalism

Post by firebobby » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:08 pm

That's a sh1t thing to do to someones car :thumbsdown:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

shawna

More mindless vandalism

Post by shawna » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:08 am

It definitely was deliberate UNLESS it was the cleanest and most eye catching car of the lot with the other cars not worth a bother.

Be careful.

Any CCTV perhaps?