Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS: DSP Carver AMP and DSP Head Unit

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:04 pm

I have for sale the top of the range amp supplied oem by bmw and matching head unit which has dsp settings built in. Willing to sell seperately but ideally would like to sell as a pair.

Amp - £200 exc delivery (provisional pricing)
Head unit - £150 inc delivery (provisional pricing)

Upgrading both of these has cost me £1k. The DSP carver amp brand new is around £500 (i think) . No idea what the head unit is brand new but this is the special DSP version so worth more than a normal one.

Both are in fully working order i upgraded because i wanted a new head unit not because these were not working.

Let me know if pricing is off. Im willing to listen to offers but these are rare parts.
Last edited by SonnyA85 on Sun May 29, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Fri May 27, 2016 10:26 pm

I can tell you that amp is more than double that price new!
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Fri May 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Last edited by Moheddine on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Fri May 27, 2016 10:29 pm

SonnyA85 wrote:I have for sale the top of the range amp supplied oem by bmw and matching head unit which has dsp settings built in. Willing to sell seperately but ideally would like to sell as a pair.

Amp - £200 inc delivery
Head unit - £150 inc delivery

Upgrading both of these has cost me £1k. The DSP carver amp brand new is around £500. No idea what the head unit is brand new but this is the special DSP version so worth more than a normal one.

Both are in fully working order i upgraded because i wanted a new head unit not because these were not working.

Let me know if pricing is off. Im willing to listen to offers but these are rare parts.
Also, it may be worth adding if the head unit is for cars with nav or not

FR08MEE

Post by FR08MEE » Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Does anyone know if this is just plug in and play?

And is it compatible with a non-nav car?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat May 28, 2016 12:30 am

There is no special DSP headunit, they are all the same. Business non nav and professional with nav.

Worcester_spoon

Post by Worcester_spoon » Sat May 28, 2016 7:06 am

I may have killed my amp due to water ingress - it might also just be a fuse. I'll find out this morning, so could I provisionally say yes to the amp at £200 and let you know later once I've tested the fuse?
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Sat May 28, 2016 7:17 am

Worcester_spoon wrote:I may have killed my amp due to water ingress - it might also just be a fuse. I'll find out this morning, so could I provisionally say yes to the amp at £200 and let you know later once I've tested the fuse?
There is also a 30amp fuse on the amp itself, as well as the others you'll read about. Mine had same issue recently, caused by same thing!

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:53 pm

FR08MEE wrote:Does anyone know if this is just plug in and play?

And is it compatible with a non-nav car?
you need the wiring which I'm sure you could get from elsewhere, also you will need to buy 2 subs and 2 mids and wire them up as well. the dsp carver system has 4 subs and 4 mids and 2 tweeters. the normal system only has 2 subs, 2 mids and 2 tweeters.

it came out of a non-nav car so its 100% compatible with a non nav car

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Moheddine wrote:I can tell you that amp is more than double that price new!
huh the amp is £1000 new? if that is the case then my pricing is way off. i'm willing to sell it for a good price but as I don't know it's true value it looks like I may be giving it away at £200 if it's £1000 new.

plus it looks like i may have overpriced the head unit so i may take some cash off the head unit and add onto amp. i'm not looking to rip anyone off it's just i have no clue what these are worth and you have to have an asking price on here.

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 pm

srhutch wrote:There is no special DSP headunit, they are all the same. Business non nav and professional with nav.
i believe they are different.

mine has special settings the others don't have. it's also extremely easy to upgrade from the other units but not this one. that is why it has cost me £1K to upgrade from the system i'm selling.

i'll take pictures and upload soon.

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Worcester_spoon wrote:I may have killed my amp due to water ingress - it might also just be a fuse. I'll find out this morning, so could I provisionally say yes to the amp at £200 and let you know later once I've tested the fuse?
judging by responses £200 may be too cheap for the amp and £150 too expensive for the head unit. i thought the amp was only £500 new so though £200 sounds good, looking up though the amp is £1000 new, which means £200 is a bit cheap. i don't want to rip you off or anything but I've spent £1K on the cars audio upgrading from this so looking to recoup as much as i can, i had no idea this amp was worth £1K on it's own.

what do people think is a reasonable price if a new one is £1K? i'm willing to go with a consensus on this. i'll upload pics in 5 mins away to take some.

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Sat May 28, 2016 1:23 pm

If you look at what has sold on eBay, they vary from £80-300, so I actually think £200 is about right for here.

The reason they are so high new is because they are a special order, so I wouldn't let that influence your pricing - conversely interior hardtop lock covers were a few quid from BMW but now they go for silly money. I think £200 is a fair price, given you won't have to pay eBay and PayPal fees selling on here also.

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Moheddine wrote:If you look at what has sold on eBay, they vary from £80-300, so I actually think £200 is about right for here.

The reason they are so high new is because they are a special order, so I wouldn't let that influence your pricing - conversely interior hardtop lock covers were a few quid from BMW but now they go for silly money. I think £200 is a fair price, given you won't have to pay eBay and PayPal fees selling on here also.

pictures currently uploading. what do you think the head unit is worth? i'd like to sell as a pair but if i get a buyer for both i will split.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat May 28, 2016 1:38 pm

SonnyA85 wrote:
srhutch wrote:There is no special DSP headunit, they are all the same. Business non nav and professional with nav.
i believe they are different.

mine has special settings the others don't have. it's also extremely easy to upgrade from the other units but not this one. that is why it has cost me £1K to upgrade from the system i'm selling.

i'll take pictures and upload soon.
That's because it has a DSP amp connected to it. If you look on realoem.com you will see there is only one type of each head unit, none of wich have an option for DSP.