Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Z4MC

"M" Specific discussion
Mark4444

New Z4MC

Post by Mark4444 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:22 am

Hi - I am looking for a Z4MC as my daily drive and I am hoping for advise on we're to look - my current staples are autotrader, pistonheads and eBay but there seems to be a lack of quality cars. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Mark

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Re: New Z4MC

Post by bluestreak56 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:46 am

Other than this forum and the BMW Auc site, no you arnt. Dont forget that Coupes are very rare in the uk. Less than 3000 in total sold here. Of that on 588 MCs so dont expect to see lots for sale all the time. Its going to be a search..

Mark4444

Post by Mark4444 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks for the replay. I know they are rare, luckily I'm not in a rush - I just need to keep my eyes peeled.
I have been watching this one for a while, it just seems a little too pricey with that mileage: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc4

Philly_Sweden

Post by Philly_Sweden » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:14 am

In Sweden there was only sold 38 of them, über-rare here :)

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:44 am

To be honest the Church's car is a bargain imo. 50-60k cars would normally sell £15-6k private and £16-17.5k trade. Add in the fact that this car has genuine CSL wheels (very desirable) and it's really a very good deal.

Prices for the Z4MC have gone pretty crazy over the last 6 months or so, with quite a few publications / traders predicting that they are now starting to appreciate (which has been noticed and discussed on here also). The truth is that they are selling at higher prices than they were a year ago (not just being advertised at higher prices).

The Church's car looks a good option and if the spec is what you want, I don't think you'll find a better price going forward.

Good luck :thumbsup:
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

Mark4444

Post by Mark4444 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:49 am

Hi Steven - thanks for the feedback. It is a nice car but I have seen better value cars , one recently on this forum, but I was too late. I will keep my eyes open and keep my fingers crossed!

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Mark4444 wrote:Hi Steven - thanks for the feedback. It is a nice car but I have seen better value cars , one recently on this forum, but I was too late. I will keep my eyes open and keep my fingers crossed!
You've got to remember the Church's car is from a trader, not a private sale. Trader's prices will be higher as they'll include a warranty and any servicing / replacement of consumables that are required.

If you see a sub 50k car come on the market for <£16k it's likely to have really poor spec, partial service history or other issues (i.e. imminent Insp II, new tryes / brakes, mechanical weaknesses etc.).

What spec are you looking for and what sort of budget are you working with? I appreciate you're happy to wait, but the way prices are going recently, if you have a lower budget (<£16k) and want relatively low mileage, it may well be an endless one.
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

obikaii

Post by obikaii » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Steven is spot on with what he said,im guessing that the one you missed out on is mine,& although I got it for a good price,its booked in a week tomorrow for a brake fluid & oil service plus discs & pads all round,so im looking at a further £1400 spend,so the churches one is better value than you think,it was on my radar for sure.
Good luck with the search mate,it took me about 6 months to find the right one,you gotta be quick though.

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 am

obikaii wrote:Steven is spot on with what he said,im guessing that the one you missed out on is mine,& although I got it for a good price,its booked in a week tomorrow for a brake fluid & oil service plus discs & pads all round,so im looking at a further £1400 spend,so the churches one is better value than you think,it was on my radar for sure.
Good luck with the search mate,it took me about 6 months to find the right one,you gotta be quick though.
How you finding the car Obi?

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 am

I'd say the Church's car is great value given the genuine CSLs, which would cost you £1,400 to buy 2nd hand. So really the car is only £15.3k (ish) :thumbsup:
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

andicole0

Post by andicole0 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:56 am

Here's one that's worth a look.

http://www.parkwaymotorgroup.co.uk/used ... ails/2993/

Andi.

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 am

andicole0 wrote:Here's one that's worth a look.

Andi.
Seems too cheap
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

andicole0

Post by andicole0 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Adamski wrote:
andicole0 wrote:Here's one that's worth a look.

Andi.
Seems too cheap
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Andi.

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:35 pm

No such thing as a free lunch.... If it looks to good to be true.... etc. etc.

Traders know what these are worth (not hard with a quick scan of PH/ AT) I'd be surprised if this car wasn't requiring an Insp II or new brakes / tyres.

Worth a check though, but I don't know any business that will give money away and selling an A1 Z4MC with 55k on the clock at £14k is certainly giving money away.

obikaii

Post by obikaii » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:49 pm

StevenH72 wrote:
obikaii wrote:Steven is spot on with what he said,im guessing that the one you missed out on is mine,& although I got it for a good price,its booked in a week tomorrow for a brake fluid & oil service plus discs & pads all round,so im looking at a further £1400 spend,so the churches one is better value than you think,it was on my radar for sure.
How you finding the car Obi?
Im loving it thanks steven,such a nice drive,especially after the tvr,but then my work van was nicer to drive than the tvr as well,ha ha.
I think that having had an e46 m3 a few years ago means its a little familiar,but still new & exciting,gonna spend most of next weekend giving it a proper detail,inside & out,then its booked in for a few things at a local indie,think im also gonna have the cdv delete done,new gearbox oil,& maybe a stormworks gear knob,try to improve the gear change,as that is a weak spot for the car,easily sorted though I think.