Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MC CSL Tyres

"M" Specific discussion
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by mr wilks » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Das882 wrote:I've had Altenzo's fitted on the recommendation of the fitter, he and his son both have M3's and they say they cannot fault them. As you can see from the photo the shoulders are quite rounded and to me looks like there would be room to go with a wider tyre?
I should of stated that the offsets are 38front and 27 rear.
Certainly looks like you could stand at least a size up if not 2 from that picture unless its the angle :?
If you specifically want rim protection then you could be better choosing a different brand ?
The review of those tyres does read very well but only trying them out will tell the whole story , they may well perform out of their price range :? the few budget tyres ive tried on my cars along the way i found in general when new on 6,7,8mm most performed ok but as the mms drop to 5,4,3 then they struggle to keep up whereas a Michelin/Vredestein or Conti always find the same no matter how worn
Also worth noting the yellow dot should be where the valve is but unless you have a problem with how they feel at speed its not worth fussing over :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Das882

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by Das882 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:36 pm

I would definitely like some rim protection, if it's not possible with the wider Altenzo's I will probably go back to the Vorti's if they give more protection.I'm still concerned with scuffing going wider.
2006 Monaco Blue Z4MC

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by mmm-five » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Rubbing was one of the reasons I got rid of the CSLs (genuine) I had on my M, the other reasons were lack of rim protection on Michelin PS2s, and the harsh/skippy ride when pushing on driving my favourite roads.

It wasn't a frequent occurrence, but often enough to make me worry, and it was on standard, 10,000 mile old suspension.

Didn't have any rubbing once I went back to 224s and standard widths on the standard suspension, but do get a slight touch now and then since I've lowered it and put on 265 PSS on the rear - although from the state of the o/s/r arch liner, it must be touching on that side only, but more than I think as it's worn through the plastic.

I obviously prefer a slightly softer tyre/suspension except on billiard-smooth roads/tracks :P
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

samj89

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by samj89 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 pm

If it helps I've got 9j 10j wheels with continental contact 6 tyres with rim protection car has eibachs no rubbing with 245 35 19 front 275 30 19 rear
Carbon black Z4MC with Champagne extended leather, carbon dash. Eibach
front H&R rear, 1m /m3 GTS wheels

Das882

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by Das882 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:21 pm

samj89 wrote:If it helps I've got 9j 10j wheels with continental contact 6 tyres with rim protection car has eibachs no rubbing with 245 35 19 front 275 30 19 rear
Yes that does help :D your rims are 1/2" wider with tyres that are also 10mm wider. So it looks like I would get away with going up at least 1 size.
2006 Monaco Blue Z4MC

samj89

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by samj89 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Would definitely say so :thumbsup:
Carbon black Z4MC with Champagne extended leather, carbon dash. Eibach
front H&R rear, 1m /m3 GTS wheels

Das882

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by Das882 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks everyone for the info, I've noticed looking through the forums that some setups seem to work for some and not for others so hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones. I'll update once I get it sorted.....I'm back Offshore on Tuesday for a couple of weeks.
2006 Monaco Blue Z4MC

D4dawg

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by D4dawg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:26 pm

mmm-five wrote:Rubbing was one of the reasons I got rid of the CSLs (genuine) I had on my M, the other reasons were lack of rim protection on Michelin PS2s, and the harsh/skippy ride when pushing on driving my favourite roads.

It wasn't a frequent occurrence, but often enough to make me worry, and it was on standard, 10,000 mile old suspension.

Didn't have any rubbing once I went back to 224s and standard widths on the standard suspension, but do get a slight touch now and then since I've lowered it and put on 265 PSS on the rear - although from the state of the o/s/r arch liner, it must be touching on that side only, but more than I think as it's worn through the plastic.

I obviously prefer a slightly softer tyre/suspension except on billiard-smooth roads/tracks :P
Same setup buddy
No rubbing on mine at all, lowered and Oem CSLs?

Ps later tonight I shall be putting my 4
MSS up for grabs
235/35/19 xl Y
275/30/19xl Y
still wrapped and brand new as going to go BBK;)
So eyes peeled in sale section unless pm me :)

Last edited by D4dawg on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by mmm-five » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:59 pm

D4dawg wrote: Same setup buddy
Strange isn't it?

No rhyme or reason why the setup works on one Z4M without issues, and rubs on another.
Trigger’s Z4MC

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by mr wilks » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:06 pm

mmm-five wrote:
Strange isn't it?

No rhyme or reason why the setup works on one Z4M without issues, and rubs on another.
Coupe / roadster quirks , its the same with 3.0Si R v C , some set ups work fine on the 85 but catch on the 86 :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

D4dawg

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by D4dawg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Totally random as I chose the same sizes as the CSLs for the Oem CSLs and not even on full lock and it being lowered do I have any issues
Random as hahah
Maybe steering rack? As know same front end but different racks as coupe quicker

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by mmm-five » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:59 pm

D4dawg wrote:Totally random as I chose the same sizes as the CSLs for the Oem CSLs and not even on full lock and it being lowered do I have any issues
Random as hahah
Maybe steering rack? As know same front end but different racks as coupe quicker
My fronts have never rubbed, it's the offside rear that rubbed/rubs on mine.

Maybe it's my heavy arse that's doing it - although I'm 4 stone lighter than when I got it, and it's still happening.

I'm also not saying it happens constantly, but I'll hear it maybe once or twice a day when I'm pushing on. I never hear it when I'm cruising on the motorway. Possibly also encounter it more than most on hear due to the mileage I cover in it.
Trigger’s Z4MC

pvr
Legend
Legend

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by pvr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:02 pm

mmm-five wrote:
D4dawg wrote:Totally random as I chose the same sizes as the CSLs for the Oem CSLs and not even on full lock and it being lowered do I have any issues
Random as hahah

Maybe it's my heavy arse that's doing it - although I'm 4 stone lighter than when I got it, and it's still happening.
Spring ok that side?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

D4dawg

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by D4dawg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:10 pm

mmm-five wrote:
Random as hahah

I'm also not saying it happens constantly, but I'll hear it maybe once or twice a day when I'm pushing on. I never hear it when I'm cruising on the motorway. Possibly also encounter it more than most on hear due to the mileage I cover in it.
Hahha you boy hahh
A pvr said maybe a spring buddy or a bush?

XMetal

Z4MC CSL Tyres

Post by XMetal » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:13 pm

mmm-five wrote:
Strange isn't it?

It all depends on tire selection. Some tire brands/models run wider than others, even when the specs are supposedly the same.