Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pin out on stereo connectors

SideExit

Pin out on stereo connectors

Post by SideExit » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi guys, I have done a search but can't find what I'm looking for.

When I bought my Z a year ago I discovered some time later that although the 6 disc changer appeared to function correctly, there was no sound.

Now the person who had he car before me was a "fiddler" as I get an annoying chiming when I reverse and the sat nav is updated with speed cameras etc.

I am guessing they had a dice or intravee fitted and didn't put it back together correctly!

Does anyone have a diagram that shows what pin on each connector does? I'll then rip the dash apart and check this before doing anything else.

Not sure if it matters but I have sat nav (obviously from my previous comment) and DSP.

Hope someone can help!

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Pin out on stereo connectors

Post by sk93 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:58 pm

pre or post facelift?
:zzzz:

SideExit

Post by SideExit » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:10 am

2005, pre facelift.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:34 am

check that the coax cable is plugged into the back of the cd changer, and also plugged into the DSP amp.

should be a small black cable with a round silver 90-degree angled connector on it.

lift the carpet against the back wall of the boot and there's an access cutout located in the center lower of the bulkhead to access the back of the changer.
:zzzz:

SideExit

Post by SideExit » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 am

Cool thanks. Also I think this is in the wrong place, so can you move it for me please?