Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth quality

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:20 am

rosierobins wrote:I just hate it when i start up the car and it calls the last person i've talked to....quite embarassing to have a mind of its own.
Never heard of that problem before. You must be hitting the "phone/dial" button. :idunno:

rosierobins

Post by rosierobins » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:06 pm

ovrkll wrote:
rosierobins wrote:I just hate it when i start up the car and it calls the last person i've talked to....quite embarassing to have a mind of its own.
Never heard of that problem before. You must be hitting the "phone/dial" button. :idunno:
its a treo and it unlocks the key pad so if i bump it or it gets thrown into something it dials away.

anyone else with a treo have this problem? maybe not if you wear it, but its too big for me to wear.

unionjack

Post by unionjack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:05 pm

I'm building a little holster in the ashtray to hold my phone and iPod (not at the same time) so I don't have to worry about bumping them.
Alpineweiss / Imolarot | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Hardwired V1 | Shorty Antenna | H&R Springs | Black Kidney surrounds

rosierobins

Post by rosierobins » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:20 pm

unionjack wrote:I'm building a little holster in the ashtray to hold my phone and iPod (not at the same time) so I don't have to worry about bumping them.
and you are going to get with our resident marketing expert 155MPH and sell them right?

Rosie :)

unionjack

Post by unionjack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:40 pm

rosierobins wrote:and you are going to get with our resident marketing expert 155MPH and sell them right?

haha. There will be a DIY on it so everyone can benefit from it free of charge. It'll be super easy. :thumbsup:
Alpineweiss / Imolarot | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Hardwired V1 | Shorty Antenna | H&R Springs | Black Kidney surrounds

rabman5

Post by rabman5 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:19 pm

If I'm moving at highway speeds, the person on the line can't hear me. It works great when I'm not moving or when the top is up, which is never.

155MPH

Post by 155MPH » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:13 pm

unionjack wrote:
rosierobins wrote:and you are going to get with our resident marketing expert 155MPH and sell them right?

haha. There will be a DIY on it so everyone can benefit from it free of charge. It'll be super easy. :thumbsup:
Another lost opportunity... :(

PeteH

Post by PeteH » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:20 am

My original bluetooth unit was shockingly bad and pretty much useless over 70mph!

After it was changed for a 2007 module it has been much improved..... so if your bluetooth was to develop a fault..........the warranty may provide you with a unit boasting the latest software :fingertap:

Failing that for the EU bods amongst us, BMW charge 99 Euros to upgrade the module to the latest version. I am sure that the US dealers will offer a similar service.
2006 - Z4M Roadster, Sapphire Black, Imola Red Leather, CSL 19's & all the toys!
2007 - E90 320D M Sport, Le Mans Blue, Hartge Engine Upgrade

takedown8

Post by takedown8 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:56 am

PeteH wrote:My original bluetooth unit was shockingly bad and pretty much useless over 70mph!

After it was changed for a 2007 module it has been much improved..... so if your bluetooth was to develop a fault..........the warranty may provide you with a unit boasting the latest software :fingertap:

Failing that for the EU bods amongst us, BMW charge 99 Euros to upgrade the module to the latest version. I am sure that the US dealers will offer a similar service.
Are you telling me that your new bluetooth allows you to be heard clearly when you're driving over 70mph with the top down?
2005 Z4 3.0i, Maldives Blue, Beige int, Black top

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:07 am

I wonder what this new version changed?

PeteH

Post by PeteH » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 am

takedown8 wrote:Are you telling me that your new bluetooth allows you to be heard clearly when you're driving over 70mph with the top down?
No, my old unit was un-useable with the roof up at 70mph! I wouldn't say that callers can here my clearly now with the roof down at 70MPH+ but it is still possible to hold a call, whereas before I wouldn't even entertain the idea.
2006 - Z4M Roadster, Sapphire Black, Imola Red Leather, CSL 19's & all the toys!
2007 - E90 320D M Sport, Le Mans Blue, Hartge Engine Upgrade

CaptNorm

Post by CaptNorm » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:20 am

I also have a Palm Treo 650 (Sprint). I think it is excellent. When it was 1st paired up, the speed-call contacts automatically got downloaded (not all contacts, just the ones in the 5 pages of speed-calls). Was VERY impressed. When I get an incoming call, caller ID is displayed. I can't get signal strength on the basic Business radio.

Works MUCH-MUCH better than my wife's Infiniti M35, where contacts must be entered by hand. In the M35, most sentences must be repeated as the other party has a very hard understanding, even with the windows up. I expected my Z4, with it's rag top, would be worst. I'm asked very seldom to repeat what I said. Then I tried it with the top down--even more impressed. I expected total garbage. On the contrary, get asked very seldom to please repeat, even while driving at 30 MPH in traffic, still with the top down. I left a long voicemail on my home answering machine to study the results. Still very impressed. I found speaking more closely to the microphone above the steering wheel didn't help at all, just stay back in the seat is all you need to do.

My wife has a Moto Razr V3 phone, which paired up fine & downloaded her entire phone book. I really prefer the Treo's function of just downloading speed-call contacts.

I have not seen the problem of automatically dialing the last number dialed.
rosierobins wrote:I have the Palm Treo 650. Top down its okay if you're not going fast. But generally the mic does't work well even if you lean over to talk right into it. People say it has a reverb/echo.

i hear just fine cause of the 8 speakers they are pretty much being broadcast.

i just hate it when i start up the car and it calls the last person i've talked to....quite embarassing to have a mind of its own.

Rosie
~~~~_/)~~~~

Norm

zednik

Post by zednik » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm very happy with mine, I use a Motorola V3 and I agree with takedown, it's a good set up. Once in a while I have a bad connection but that happens with any cell phone. :thumbsup:
AKA......Lord Febreeze

brimoon

Post by brimoon » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:30 am

I use the Bluetooth enabled Garmin Nuvi 660 with my Motorola V3. This combo seems to work quite well. The mic works well except at speed with the top and windows down. Listening through the Nuvi's built-in speaker is marginal but listening through the Z4's radio is clear and as loud as you care to have it. The Nuvi has a built-in FM transmitter, so you can connect to the radio that way or use a hardwire connection to the radio's axillary port.
Another plus, the Nuvi screen also shows contact list, last calls, etc. information in the phone's memory, so it's very easy to initiate calls from it.