Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

VANOS

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm

MACK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:15 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am
MACK wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:14 pm
But the fact remains he's confirmed it for himself. He's a trader pure and simple constantly touting for business. Seriously how is he any different to the thousands of other businesses out there that can't advertise on here?!
MACK wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:08 pm
But for the record he is the definition of a home mechanic, how can he not be.

So which is it MACK? Because you seem to be contradicting yourself.

Mike
You claim to be a vat registered home based car repairer. Its clear and stop trying to deflect from the fact you shouldn't be on here aggressively marketing yourself particularly as because others follow the rules you are effectively operating without competition. That probably explains the prices, a active customer base.
In fact the sheer number of vehicles that visit your house for your HOME MECHANIC services it can only be a matter of time before st helen council come a knocking!🤣
Sorry but if thar isn't a personal attack then I don't know what is! You really need to get a life mate, spectre who owns this site has the descision what happens with Mike NOT you, how about keep out of his business and get on with your life.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

VANOS

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:51 pm

This thread is a great example of why I made the decision not to allow commercial activity on the forum. Now is a great time to draw a line in the sand and go back to thise principles. I shall post an uodated announcement shortly.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by MACK » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am

So which is it MACK? Because you seem to be contradicting yourself.

Mike
You claim to be a vat registered home based car repairer. Its clear and stop trying to deflect from the fact you shouldn't be on here aggressively marketing yourself particularly as because others follow the rules you are effectively operating without competition. That probably explains the prices, a active customer base.
In fact the sheer number of vehicles that visit your house for your HOME MECHANIC services it can only be a matter of time before st helen council come a knocking!🤣
Sorry but if thar isn't a personal attack then I don't know what is! You really need to get a life mate, spectre who owns this site has the descision what happens with Mike NOT you, how about keep out of his business and get on with your life.
Mike doesn't operate from premises so he work from home. Hence home mechanic. Whats your issue? If it's my use of capitals? well your poster boy has been shouting stuff at us on here for a long time now, funny how you never pulled him on that.

You want me to be silent at the same time as being Mike's number 1 cheerleader. The irony. I hope he gives you a really good discount to make it worth your while. If I need to get a life as Mike's personal mouth piece what does that say about you. He's got you well and truly hooked. Now pipe down before you put your foot in it again, you've already libelled me once today!🤣thats not to mention your pathetic attempt at getting the thread locked. Free speech on here mate. Not free speech until you say something I don't like about my new bestie then I'll have you censored!

It's refreshing to see how many pms I've had in support of the stance I've taken. Nice to know most have also been very unhappy about Mike's conduct either. This place needs to get back to folks helping each other out, not someone's personal competition free money tree.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:19 pm

MACK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm
Mike doesn't operate from premises so he work from home. Hence home mechanic. Whats your issue? If it's my use of capitals? well your poster boy has been shouting stuff at us on here for a long time now, funny how you never pulled him on that.

You want me to be silent at the same time as being Mike's number 1 cheerleader. The irony. I hope he gives you a really good discount to make it worth your while. If I need to get a life as Mike's personal mouth piece what does that say about you. He's got you well and truly hooked. Now pipe down before you put your foot in it again, you've already libelled me once today!🤣thats not to mention your pathetic attempt at getting the thread locked. Free speech on here mate. Not free speech until you say something I don't like about my new bestie then I'll have you censored!

It's refreshing to see how many pms I've had in support of the stance I've taken. Nice to know most have also been very unhappy about Mike's conduct either. This place needs to get back to folks helping each other out, not someone's personal competition free money tree.
Sorry but as I'm not in an English exam didn't feel the need to go all out and be a grammatical genius as I'm on my phone and just posting in the toilet

It's clearly obvious your jealous about Mike making a few quid, why else would you be so bitter about it?... How does it affect you in any way whatsoever?
18 Z4s owned to date.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by MACK » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Sorry but as I'm not in an English exam didn't feel the need to go all out and be a grammatical genius as I'm on my phone and just posting in the toilet

It's clearly obvious your jealous about Mike making a few quid, why else would you be so bitter about it?... How does it affect you in any way whatsoever?
Jamie I like many people don't come on here to be sold to end of. It's the rules. I didn't make them and I like many who have pmed me have been biting my lip for quite sometime. The irony is if DLV could of resisted the urge to attempt to dismiss a post i made re the cost of vanos repairs (No doubt he wasn't happy about me questioning what is A LOT CHEAPER AND what isnt) I would have probably kept quiet. If anything he's done it to himself but regardless of what my motivation was, what I said needed saying
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

VANOS

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:34 pm

I think everyone has made themselves clear. I can see it from both sides of the fence and unfortunately the early warnings about trading were not adhered to and has escalated to this extent. It's one thing helping out with roof motors as a favour, or even for a small cost, but it's escalated into a full on business, along with various other products, and even put an advert for it in the forum signature. Also, seemingly every time a job is done a separate "thank you" thread pops up... I can see why people get wound up.

Enough is enough. I have been telling people who email me to ask to participate on a business basis that they can't do it, while it's been allowed to continue all the while.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm

MACK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Jamie I like many people don't come on here to be sold to end of. It's the rules. I didn't make them and I like many who have pmed me have been biting my lip for quite sometime. The irony is if DLV could of resisted the urge to attempt to dismiss a post i made re the cost of vanos repairs (No doubt he wasn't happy about me questioning what is A LOT CHEAPER AND what isnt) I would have probably kept quiet. If anything he's done it to himself but regardless of what my motivation was, what I said needed saying
I'm not an argumentative person in general but feel the need to ask... Just curious if you don't like being sold to then why did you get Mike to fix your roof motor in the first place?
18 Z4s owned to date.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by original guvnor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Look the rules are the rules - this is not a Forum for commercial entities to profit from. End of story. Stop the personal attacks on each other and accept the rules or don't participate. That's the crux of what has developed over the last few pages.

I've no doubt DLV does good quality work and that his customers are happy but we can't have one rule for one and another for everybody else.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by original guvnor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 pm

One more point - up until a couple of years ago my girlfriend had an online business selling handbags etc and I had a link to her homepage in my signature on here. I was asked (or told) to remove it, so I did. Why should there be any different treatment for another member just because a load of you have saved a few quid? It's a no-brainer. I don't have any personal agenda with DLV or MACK (I've never met either of them) but I think there's been a valid point raised and it needs to stop. Otherwise this place will just become like Exchange & Mart. There's plenty of other places to advertise (BMW CCGB Straight Six mag being a prime example).

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by MACK » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:01 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm
MACK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

I'm not an argumentative person in general but feel the need to ask... Just curious if you don't like being sold to then why did you get Mike to fix your roof motor in the first place?
He was closest to me of all the forum recommended roof motor guys pure and simple. Thats the point, no one else operates on a commercial scale with sell sell sell. Most operate by word of mouth without ramming product after product down our throats.
Silver 05 3.0i SE

White E89 20i M Sport

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Well as pointed out I hope the same goes for all the other roof motor guys? As said can't be one rule for one one for the other... What happens when someone comes on now then and asks who does roof motors? Will everyone have to be hush hush abour it all?
18 Z4s owned to date.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

VANOS

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm Well as pointed out I hope the same goes for all the other roof motor guys? As said can't be one rule for one one for the other... What happens when someone comes on now then and asks who does roof motors? Will everyone have to be hush hush abour it all?
Each of them can have a post in the forum discount section, no problem with that. That way people looking for the service has access to a list of them, along with location and price.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:13 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm Well as pointed out I hope the same goes for all the other roof motor guys? As said can't be one rule for one one for the other... What happens when someone comes on now then and asks who does roof motors? Will everyone have to be hush hush abour it all?
Each of them can have a post in the forum discount section, no problem with that. That way people looking for the service has access to a list of them, along with location and price.

That's a fair shout :)
18 Z4s owned to date.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm
Yup,

Fine by me also.

Mike

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

VANOS

Post by jabber » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Post answered while typing
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone