Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

rmdeis1948

Post by rmdeis1948 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Hello and thanks for letting me join. My wife has a 2012 Z4 with a top problem. When we trying lowering the top, the rear window unlocks and starts up but stops after traveling about 100 mm. I have a video to share on youtube. Any help is appreciated!
https://youtu.be/u9YPGU6zmbY

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:02 am

Welcome to the forum. :) Great that you have included the video. I'll leave it to the folk with E89s to discuss your roof issue.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am

The first n obvious point is that the roof is being moved without the engine running..95% of apparent roof issues are caused by a drained/aged battery..

The roof module does a prediction of is there enough juice to open the roof..the issue is that with an aged battery it starts the process then as the battery collapses under the strain of powering the hydraulic motor it then decides it was a bad idea and backs off..

So the next step is go for a 25-50 mile drive and then WHILST THE ENGINE IS RUNNING.. try to operate the roof... then report back...