Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MC CHASE CAR WITH GTR ON RING?

"M" Specific discussion
jamiesecker

Z4MC CHASE CAR WITH GTR ON RING?

Post by jamiesecker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:06 am

I have just been sent a you tube clip of a Z4MC chasing David Yu from EVO in his Nissan GTR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-KvnB8Itj4

Was blown away by the pace off the Z4MC, I believe that the car hag TOYO 888's fitted.
Last edited by jamiesecker on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
[/url]Blue Z4MR, CSL Alloys, Carbon Strut brace, AP Racing brakes, Gruppe M
Had White Z4MC, CSL Alloys, Carbon Roof, Yellow stuff pads.
E60 M5.........................

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4M CHASE CAR WITH GTR ON RING?

Post by flimper » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:14 am

Link not working for me
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4MC CHASE CAR WITH GTR ON RING?

Post by Breaker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:02 am

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-KvnB8Itj4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-KvnB8Itj4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 am

jamiesecker wrote:I have just been sent a you tube clip of a Z4MC chasing David Yu from EVO in his Nissan GTR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-KvnB8Itj4

Was blown away by the pace off the Z4MC, I believe that the car hag TOYO 888's fitted.
The way the cars in front are coming out of those bends, I'd put that down more to the driver of the Z4MC. :wink:

Impressive though.

Mind you, look how much more horsepower the GTR has to the Z4M and the driver aids in the GTR so why can't the GTR leave the Z4M?

Be interesting to see the same drivers with a Z4 3.0si as the chase car to a the Z4MC. :wink:
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

spokey

Post by spokey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:39 am

The guy driving the Z4M was DEFINITELY a better driver. That GTR is mad in a straight line, though!
Cheers,
Spokey
Aebous wrote:
lacroupade wrote:
Aebous wrote:Does dating your car count?
Only if it involves something unpleasant to do with your tailpipe.... :rofl:
I wouldn't call it unpleasant :?

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:05 am

I saw a nice vid of the GT-R yesterday giving a GT3 RS a bit of a lesson, so I can't belive the Z4M would be in the same ball park :?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j8NwaSf4TTo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j8NwaSf4TTo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Raify

Post by Raify » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 am

spokey wrote:The guy driving the Z4M was DEFINITELY a better driver. That GTR is mad in a straight line, though!
I agree, the GTR was taking some very strange lines. Mostly turning in too early. It soon took off up the hill towards Hoch Acht though! Amazing power.
Z4M Coupe - Imola Red 2006 sold. What next?

spokey

Post by spokey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 pm

From both of those videos I get the distinct impression that the GTR isn't the easiest thing to hustle around really technical bits of the course and that the engine does the business, really. :?
Cheers,
Spokey
Aebous wrote:
lacroupade wrote:
Aebous wrote:Does dating your car count?
Only if it involves something unpleasant to do with your tailpipe.... :rofl:
I wouldn't call it unpleasant :?

fridaypassion

Post by fridaypassion » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:58 pm

To be fair the GTR would be a spec if it wasnt for the traffic in front. They are just yo yoing really. GTR looks massiley quicker in a straight line!

daz05

Post by daz05 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:32 pm

I think that may by a Z3M guys, judging by the comment made by the author.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:08 pm

daz05 wrote:I think that may by a Z3M guys, judging by the comment made by the author.
That's what I asked the guy in Youtube, as the bonnet bulge is curved, rather than 'sculpted'.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

jamiesecker

Post by jamiesecker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:58 am

My mate who sent me the clip was there at the ring at the time with his GTR and said that the video car was a Z4MC. Either way can take nothing away from what is an exceptional driver.
The car had an upgraded suspension, Toyo 888's, Gruppe M induction kit, where the obvious mods..

Do any of you fancy a trip to the ring on the weekend of the 17th July 09. As myself and 4 other cars are going down? Would be great to have a few Z4M cars there.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Any pics of your car Jamie?

jamiesecker

Post by jamiesecker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 pm

I will try to put some photo's
ImageImage
These photos where taken before the lowering springs where fitted. I have also as you can see had the front lip, grill and roof carbon wrapped. I am happy with the finish. Would have loved the reel Mcoy but would rather spend my limited funds on performance mods. One day maybe.
Last edited by jamiesecker on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Very nice :thumbsup: