Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brush with the Law...

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
un1eash

Re: Brush with the Law...

Post by un1eash » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 am

Its only a matter of time if you speed till you get caught. Ive seen unmarked Subaru's, Evo's, BMW 3 series, Mondeo ST's, Octavia VRs and thats only in leicester. Use to live in Germany when i was little and cops had 911's.

I never try and outrun people on the motorway, one day that fast approaching car will be a cop.

Ps. Fiesta ST isnt a bad car, could do with abit more power though as for a 2.0l it isnt much quicker then our C2 VTS and a clio sport would leave one for dead.

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 am

spokey wrote:
Breaker wrote:
Ian_Mac wrote:Imagine you were the other Z driver and you got done for racing a FIESTA... oh the shame of it! :rofl:
Don't diss the ST! My girlfreinds got one! Nice drivers car and surprisingly agile on the road! :wink:
Oh God, not here as well. We have a couple of ST fanbois on babybmw and they are very wearing. :fuelfire:
Just saying it as it is! Can't compare to a Z4, but I wouldn't complain if I had to drive it every day. :)
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 am

Greeno wrote:i would second the 'never admit to anything'.

i have a friend who's a copper and he said you'll be lucky to get off full stop if you get pulled over.

he said the only thing worth a go is if you are asked by a copper (once pulled over) what speed you were going dont give a definitive figure as as soon as you say you were doing 40 in a 30 (for example) you have just admitted guilt.

and you aint got no where to go once you have admitted guilt............

Thankfully i have not and nor do i want be in a position where i have tried this. but quite often it depends on what mood they are in and other circumstances (as you have discovered)
Unfortunately you've got the other half of the police force/service that believe that if you don't know the speed you're going then you're driving without due car & attention, and will do you for that as well, plus you'll have failed the 'attitude test' for lying to them.

I always state my speed as accurately as I can and. take the bollocking, and I've NEVER had a ticket from being pulled over, and some of those speeds were in excess of 100mph. In fact one was 147mph behind an unmarked Saab 9000 at 3am, who just kept going faster and faster until I came to my junction, and then he slowed down as I did, and flashed his lights for me to pull over. A quick bollocking and explanation that he 'was in a rush' himself, and I was on my way again.

I also know there's now less chance of getting caught by a proper traffic officer as there are hardly any on the roads, and if you get caught by a static camera then you're not paying attention.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Lucy

Post by Lucy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:26 pm

AJZ4London wrote:"You need to slow the f*ck down, I clocked you doing ** at one point" I started to apologise and say that I sped up because he was driving close behind me
A similar thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was on the Sheffield Parkway in the 70 zone probably doing about 80, i could see a car in the distance driving alot faster than me, and as you do i just kinda went with the flow, he pulled over into the left lane (i thought he must have been leaving the Parkway) and i went past him at ***mph. I started slowing down as it neared the 50 zone and must have been doing about 55-60, then the next minute i looked in my mirror and noticed this car was now quite close behind me, from the way he was driving earlier on i thought he was being a bit of a cock driving close to me, so i thought well i'm not having that, and i put my foot down. I left the Parkway and then the blue lights came on !! Undercover copper :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now if he had not been driving so close to me i would not have been going that fast so i told him it was his fault! Unfortunatley he had it on video so i have 3 points. That reminds me, i still need to pay my fine :lol:
Now i s**t myself everytime there is a car behind me! :( Before if someone was driving too close i would have planted it and f***ed them off, but now i prefer to let them go past to see who it is before i pull back into the right lane.

As for the Fiesta ST they are a brilliant car! If it was a 2.0 Z4 it was racing then it would be very close!

Mark996

Post by Mark996 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Lucy wrote:
AJZ4London wrote:"You need to slow the f*ck down, I clocked you doing ** at one point" I started to apologise and say that I sped up because he was driving close behind me
A similar thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was on the Sheffield Parkway in the 70 zone probably doing about 80, i could see a car in the distance driving alot faster than me, and as you do i just kinda went with the flow, he pulled over into the left lane (i thought he must have been leaving the Parkway) and i went past him at ***mph. I started slowing down as it neared the 50 zone and must have been doing about 55-60, then the next minute i looked in my mirror and noticed this car was now quite close behind me, from the way he was driving earlier on i thought he was being a bit of a cock driving close to me, so i thought well i'm not having that, and i put my foot down. I left the Parkway and then the blue lights came on !! Undercover copper :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now if he had not been driving so close to me i would not have been going that fast so i told him it was his fault! Unfortunatley he had it on video so i have 3 points. That reminds me, i still need to pay my fine :lol:
Now i s**t myself everytime there is a car behind me! :( Before if someone was driving too close i would have planted it and f***ed them off, but now i prefer to let them go past to see who it is before i pull back into the right lane.

As for the Fiesta ST they are a brilliant car! If it was a 2.0 Z4 it was racing then it would be very close!
I can fully relate to what you're saying there - I'm a copper in Notts, and do quite a bit of unmarked patrols...and yes, sometimes I think that seeing a quick looking car behind you DOES make the driver that little bit quicker....

That said, it's down to your tollerance and will power to remain within the limits ain't it.....I'd certainly NEVER pressure anyone in a quick car to drive above their limits, or the speed limit.....No, I really wouldn't....! :wink:

Mark. :police:

Smokin

Post by Smokin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:45 pm

A Subaru? :roll:

Here in NC, they've used Mustang GTs, Camaros, and Chargers (a red Charger had someone stopped on the Interstate Highway yesterday). In SC, they use BMWs as well.
2007 3.0si coupe, sapphire black, saddle brown extended leather, heated M seats, premium package, sport package, Carver, light poplar wood trim, xenon, headlight washers, 6 spd. Member BMWCCA, ZSCCA, Homecoming 08 Pirate.

Lucy

Post by Lucy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Mark996 wrote: I can fully relate to what you're saying there - I'm a copper in Notts, and do quite a bit of unmarked patrols...and yes, sometimes I think that seeing a quick looking car behind you DOES make the driver that little bit quicker....

That said, it's down to your tollerance and will power to remain within the limits ain't it.....I'd certainly NEVER pressure anyone in a quick car to drive above their limits, or the speed limit.....No, I really wouldn't....! :wink:

It's a good way for you guys to make money though isn't it ;) :P

I have to admit i'm more wary now and watch my speed a little more because you never know who's behind you :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'll save proper speed etc. for the track, off to Croft circuit in a few weeks :driving: :D

Mark996

Post by Mark996 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Lucy wrote:It's a good way for you guys to make money though isn't it ;) :P

I have to admit i'm more wary now and watch my speed a little more because you never know who's behind you :evil: :evil: :evil:
I've gotta say Lucy, that I'm a bit more forgiving that alot of other cops who do my job....providing you weren't doing anything too silly, and not causing a danger to other road users, then words of advice in the back of my car would've been sufficient....But there are those who don't give any lea-way at all, no exceptions....

Moral of the story - when you are next compelled to do something silly - do it in front of me!! :wink: :oops:

Lucy

Post by Lucy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Mark996 wrote:
Lucy wrote:It's a good way for you guys to make money though isn't it ;) :P

I've gotta say Lucy, that I'm a bit more forgiving that alot of other cops who do my job....providing you weren't doing anything too silly, and not causing a danger to other road users, then words of advice in the back of my car would've been sufficient....But there are those who don't give any lea-way at all, no exceptions....

Moral of the story - when you are next compelled to do something silly - do it in front of me!! :wink: :oops:

He did say i wasn't driving dangerously, and as it was my first offence he would have liked to let me off but he couldn't, it was on video and other people already knew. He was quite a nice young man actually and asked if i was doing anything later on :lol:

I suppose your not all bad :P

By the way, any idea when i should get my licence back? It will have been sent off 2 weeks ago tomorrow.

Mark996

Post by Mark996 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 pm

DVLA do tend to drag their feet a bit with those, but expect it back within 4 weeks of sending it off - if there's still no sign of it say next week (which'll be about 3 weeks right??) then give them a call to kick start them into doing something....

BTW - ARE you doing anything later then???!? :wink: :P

Lucy

Post by Lucy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Mark996 wrote:DVLA do tend to drag their feet a bit with those, but expect it back within 4 weeks of sending it off - if there's still no sign of it say next week (which'll be about 3 weeks right??) then give them a call to kick start them into doing something....

BTW - ARE you doing anything later then???!? :wink: :P

Jeez how hard is it to put that i have 3 points and then send it straight back?? Useless! It's a good job i didn't need my ID this weekend! (i won't take my passport out incase i lose it...)

No plans later, only the gym... :wink: :lol:

Mark996

Post by Mark996 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Good good....I'm off to start my shift now, so if I travel a bit up the mway, I'll give u a shout and then you can be pulled by me this time - and I'll show you how it's supposed to be done!! :wink: :oops:

AJZ4London

Post by AJZ4London » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Grade A flirting :thumbsup:

This rozzer was going a little crazy, really shouting at everyone but he was on the money, the ST was about 2 feet from the Z's bumper (nice place to be though) and both doing well into three figures. Really wish the Z driver was on here to give the second installment and the other side of the story!

As we have a policeman here (taking your word for it!), is there anything that you guys really look out for? I.e. You will get booked if...or you will not get booked if...(you look like Lucy) :poke:

Fiesta ST would give a 2.0 a decent battle, but if I was the Z I would have chilled. Sunny day, nice road, top down. Let the chav whizz past :driving:
3.0i 54plate, Black Sapphire, Black Leather, Prof SatNav, 18" Ellipsoids.

biffa

Post by biffa » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Lucy wrote:...then the next minute i looked in my mirror and noticed this car was now quite close behind me, from the way he was driving earlier on i thought he was being a bit of a cock driving close to me, so i thought well i'm not having that, and i put my foot down.
Pretty disgusting really. I can easily imagine that happening to me - I've often pulled away from someone driving erratically / dangerously. I'd have got badge numbers etc. and put an official complaint. Probably wouldn't have affected the points etc. but he would at least have had to do some extra paperwork - might make him think differently next time.

klarky

Post by klarky » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 pm

i think most of us know what types of cars the police drive, so its usually easy to spot em. plus the uniform and various gadgets they have on the dash / behind the grills is a give away.

its the down side to the zed - poor rear visibility, pair that to an auto dimming mirror and its hard to see who/whats behind you.