Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where to connect the wires for AE lights Coversion

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
hdo

Where to connect the wires for AE lights Coversion

Post by hdo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:34 am

Where should I connect to AE light wires to? Do I have to disconnect the halogen lights. What is the difference between US/Canada and UK headlight?

mister_roger

Re: Where to connect the wires for AE lights Coversion

Post by mister_roger » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:41 am

You will want to run two wires from the angel eye ballasts. One will be for ground (attached to any bare metal point on the chassis in the engine bay). The other power wire can be routed through the firewall on the passenger side via the rubber boot grommet. Continue pulling the power wire through the footwell of the passenger side. Next you will want to expose the fuse box behind the glove box. There should be some empty fuse slots on the top row. I believe it was slot 2 or slot 3 that you should connect the power wire to. One of those slots will provide 12v power when the ignition is turned on, which is how I presume you would like to have your angel eyes wired up.

If I'm not mistaken US/Canada lights have a beam pattern that flares to the right side for better road sign visibility. UK lights flare to the left.