Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pentland Powder Coating Edinburgh -anubody used them?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:59 am

Just booked in my 437Ms to be done in gloss black with laquer at these boys..early January

Been referred to them by by tech guy.

Anyone used them, seen their work?

https://www.pentlandpowdercoating.co.uk ... rbishment/
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:42 am

Hi Peter. Don't know about Pentland Powder Coating but you know I like a black alloy and 'gloss' black is IMHO definitely the way to go with black alloys. Matt/satin finish never looks as good. The surface finish 'sheens-out' and just looks dark grey/dirty. You need the gloss for bling and definition. Consequently the black looks darker/blacker :thumbsup: Downside is keeping the buggers clean and shiny :( Good job I'm a sucker for punishment ! :D
20210424_201751.jpg
20210424_201751.jpg (147.82 KiB) Viewed 538 times
20211122_095018.jpg
20211122_095018.jpg (217.09 KiB) Viewed 538 times
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:06 pm

patriot66 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:42 am Hi Peter. Don't know about Pentland Powder Coating but you know I like a black alloy and 'gloss' black is IMHO definitely the way to go with black alloys. Matt/satin finish never looks as good. The surface finish 'sheens-out' and just looks dark grey/dirty. You need the gloss for bling and definition. Consequently the black looks darker/blacker :thumbsup: Downside is keeping the buggers clean and shiny :( Good job I'm a sucker for punishment ! :D 20210424_201751.jpg20211122_095018.jpg
Si, yes I've come to that conclusion too..the 437Ms are normally diamond cut and gloss black but these came in satin black..nice finish but as you say they just look 'flat'..given where possible on the car any other blacks are gloss then you're right its the only way to go.. :thumbsup:

If you can kindly tag along to all the runs I'm on you can polish mine as required!!! :rofl: :driving:

Expensive bit of curbing... :tumbleweed: but out of misfortune...
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:28 pm

B21 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:06 pm
patriot66 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:42 am Hi Peter. Don't know about Pentland Powder Coating but you know I like a black alloy and 'gloss' black is IMHO definitely the way to go with black alloys. Matt/satin finish never looks as good. The surface finish 'sheens-out' and just looks dark grey/dirty. You need the gloss for bling and definition. Consequently the black looks darker/blacker :thumbsup: Downside is keeping the buggers clean and shiny :( Good job I'm a sucker for punishment ! :D 20210424_201751.jpg20211122_095018.jpg
Si, yes I've come to that conclusion too..the 437Ms are normally diamond cut and gloss black but these came in satin black..nice finish but as you say they just look 'flat'..given where possible on the car any other blacks are gloss then you're right its the only way to go.. :thumbsup:

If you can kindly tag along to all the runs I'm on you can polish mine as required!!! :rofl: :driving:

Every cloud & all that Pete, I’m glad I’m not blamed for some of those narrow lanes we nipped along :cry:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Smartbear wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:28 pm
B21 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:06 pm

Every cloud & all that Pete, I’m glad I’m not blamed for some of those narrow lanes we nipped along :cry:
Rob
Rob I’ll send you the invoice ! :rofl:

It’s my fault, as has been pointed out I’m a crap driver so kissing a hidden kerb / grate under the mud and leaves is my issue. :tumbleweed:

I regard it as divine intervention to address the unacceptable tint / lack of gloss.. :thumbsup: