Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Flashed MHD now no launch control FIXED

Hejnfelt

Flashed MHD now no launch control FIXED

Post by Hejnfelt » Sat May 13, 2023 9:19 am

I recently bought a 2013 Z4 35is and tested out all the systems including launch control. I am aware you need to cover 6.2 miles of distance from start before the launch control will engage and following the steps from the manual, all is working as intended.

Then I bought and flashed the MHD stage 1 to the car and since then the launch control won’t engage despite following all the steps as advertised. Wondering whether anyone else have encountered a similar issue?
Last edited by Hejnfelt on Mon May 15, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Flashed MHD now no launch control

Post by B21 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:25 am

I never use launch control…it’s extremely cruel to the car’s powertrain…

I assume that something in MHD replaces / substitutes launch control…

Do you use xHP?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Hejnfelt

Post by Hejnfelt » Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 am

I have not flashed xHP yet, but it’s on my list of things. Why so?

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:51 am

Hejnfelt wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 am I have not flashed xHP yet, but it’s on my list of things. Why so?
XHP is quite sophisticated in allowing you to control a wide variety of shift related aspects…MHD and xHP go hand in glove :thumbsup:

Great combo :driving: :driving: :driving:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Hejnfelt

Post by Hejnfelt » Sat May 13, 2023 11:25 am

I am planning to flash xHP but want to get ironed out why the launch option isn't working. Even if I don't plan to use it often, I don't like it when software does things it wasn't meant to do, so just wondering why launch control is inactive now and whether there is an option to get it back.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat May 13, 2023 11:52 am

It's a new green initiative.
If you increase the power of your car they disable launch control to protect the hedges and trees around you. :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Hejnfelt

Post by Hejnfelt » Sat May 13, 2023 5:55 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:52 am It's a new green initiative.
If you increase the power of your car they disable launch control to protect the hedges and trees around you. :rofl:
Haha :D

I figured out the issue and answering for the sake of future people searching the forums, in MHD there’s an option to disable the kick down sensor in Manual mode so the DCT doesn’t change down when flooring it in M mode. I had that option checked. Unchecking this option and reflashing, instantly fixed the launch control so seems the launch control relies on the kick down sensor.