Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New member Bluetooth

First port of call for new members
Brucky

New member Bluetooth

Post by Brucky » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:50 am

Hi all,

I've just put a deposit down on a 2005 Z4 2.2L. The radio is original and I would like to get Bluetooth capability into the original head unit to keep the original stock look for streaming music from my iphone. Could anyone please advise if this can be done, and if so do they have any recommendations to undertake the work or point me in the correct direction.
Attachments
BMW11.jpg
BMW11.jpg (127.56 KiB) Viewed 215 times

smorris_12

New member Bluetooth

Post by smorris_12 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:01 pm

I installed a Bluetooth audio receiver and aux-in connections behind the panel above the ashtray. Works well
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot

Brucky

New member Bluetooth

Post by Brucky » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:27 pm

Thanks Scott,

Excuse my lack of knowledge I am not good with Tec, does this mean that you can still use the radio also as a standard radio. I am getting the passenger side rear wing painted and I am thinking of deleting the ariel if its not required. Or is this a bad idea?

Thanks,

John.

smorris_12

New member Bluetooth

Post by smorris_12 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:08 pm

Yes, you get a lead that plugs into the back of the head unit that gives you an "Aux" setting when you press the Mode button to cycle through radio/CD/CD changer inputs. The lead then provides you with a 3.5mm headphone socket into which you plug a Bluetooth dongle (and that can be powered from a USB thingy plugged into the cigarette lighter socket.)

You'll want to keep the aerial really. If the whippy one offends, the alternative is a stubby.
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot