Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heathrow meet and greet service. Not a good experience

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
clarker63

Post by clarker63 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:34 pm

So I arrived back yesterday at "Heathrow's own terminal 5 meet and greet" service when going through the barriers to find I owed extra parking, and from the customer service response that I should be grateful that I did not get charged extra (another £15) because it should be a full day late. I was only 40 minutes after the time I said.

I had already paid £200 for the convenience and an additional £19.40 was annoying.

Just warning people that what you put on your original booking is irrelevant to them - the time you scribble on the form you leave your car is the one they choose and you must be before that time otherwise you get charged.

Quite how you decide what that time is during that transaction is hard - you're more focussed on getting all your bags together than reading any new small print that they introduce.

When I tried complaining today, they instantly tell you to claim on your insurance without really considering your actual case - the flight was not late, heathrow was very busy, but I was out fairly promptish.

Other meet and greet services do tell you to call them when you touchdown, but I've also found that they bring the car irrespective of that.

Just a bunch of sharks and completely in line with the people I've dealt with who look after car parks. they really don't want to know and will just tell you to go away when you complain.

Hopefully this will help you to decide if you want to use them. Obviously I wont!

On the upside, no damage was caused to my car. Many of the reviews I see online have very bad experiences. Maybe I'll use the train next time (but its so time consuming and expensive :headbang: ).

ori

Post by ori » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:31 pm

The meet and greet shouldn’t charge you extra.
When I arrived late at Heathrow on prepaid short stay parking, I wasn’t charged at all the barriers just opened up for me. I was a whole day late.

clarker63

Post by clarker63 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:33 pm

Indeed.i tried both the chat and an official complaint. Not sure where to go with it. I assume they hope you will give up. Bbc watchdog/press etc.. just feels like they are cashing in on very small print.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:49 pm

Would never ever think of a meet and greet service. Nobody gets access to my car keys other than me. Not even the wife!
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

clarker63

Post by clarker63 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:17 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:49 pm Would never ever think of a meet and greet service. Nobody gets access to my car keys other than me. Not even the wife!
:thumbsup: i dont let them have the z4! In truth when it works its really good.

r2uzenblot

Post by r2uzenblot » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:34 pm

Seems like these services like a BMW https://www.the-sun.com/motors/8402328/ ... k-holiday/
2023 G29 20i M Sport Portimao Blue
2021 Triumph Tiger GT Pro
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2020 Cube Hybrid
1954 Two feet

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:53 pm

r2uzenblot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:34 pm Seems like these services like a BMW
Funny you should mention that! A mate had a 5 series years ago. Went to Heathrow and paid "Purple Parking" for a valet service. Came home and found the car had 180 odd more miles on it, bald tyres and two kerbed wheels. Purple Parking denied all knowledge. "it was like it when it got here Sir" was the response. Many stories of valet parking employees taking cars home and using them. All a good few years ago, admittedly.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:57 pm

Not being funny but I'm amazed anyone would even consider anything like this :|

Tim.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:08 pm

I don’t even like giving my keys to the mot garage and I know and trust them. :D
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:10 am

Anyone who pays 200 quid for 'convenience' whilst simultaneously putting their car at risk needs their head examining imo. Who tf does that?
I think the rest of us would have got the tube, or park and ride, or at the most exuberant, a taxi in.
Right?
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:08 pm

Chris_D wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:10 am Anyone who pays 200 quid for 'convenience' whilst simultaneously putting their car at risk needs their head examining imo. Who tf does that?
I think the rest of us would have got the tube, or park and ride, or at the most exuberant, a taxi in.
Right?
Yep :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Hilly30si

Post by Hilly30si » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:05 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:49 pm Would never ever think of a meet and greet service. Nobody gets access to my car keys other than me. Not even the wife!
I am with you on this one :thumbsup: Heard to many bad reviews to even contemplate M&G
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster