Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How much is my car worth?!?

"M" Specific discussion
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:02 pm

Neilson wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:48 pm Thanks, and you’ve given me lots of advice in the past
I’m thinking of buying an Austin Healey 3000, which I’ve loved for as long as I can remember, but they’re so pricey so I’d be looking at the lower priced ones. Just unsure about losing the Z4M!
That's interesting, but would be a totally different driving experience, so it probably depends what you want.

7 or 8 years ago I drove a mate's MKIII Healey 3000 and loved it, but when I got in my 3.0Si to drive home it just drove so much better I realised the classic experience was not for me. I wouldn't have wanted to go too far in the Healey!

If you haven't driven one you really ought to try before you buy.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Neilson

Post by Neilson » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:32 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:02 pm
Neilson wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:48 pm Thanks, and you’ve given me lots of advice in the past
I’m thinking of buying an Austin Healey 3000, which I’ve loved for as long as I can remember, but they’re so pricey so I’d be looking at the lower priced ones. Just unsure about losing the Z4M!
That's interesting, but would be a totally different driving experience, so it probably depends what you want.

7 or 8 years ago I drove a mate's MKIII Healey 3000 and loved it, but when I got in my 3.0Si to drive home it just drove so much better I realised the classic experience was not for me. I wouldn't have wanted to go too far in the Healey!

If you haven't driven one you really ought to try before you buy.
That’s very interesting, I definitely need to drive one first before I make any rash decisions. I know I’d miss the Z4M in so many ways, but also quite like the vintage car genre, and these are the epitome of english heritage sports cars.
I’m going to book a test drive, but I know when my wife sits in the Healey, she’ll fall in love! 😂

LawrenceW

Post by LawrenceW » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:16 pm

I adore Big Healey’s!!

Big lump upfront, gorgeous styling, great exhaust note, an absolute left field choice for the initiated - sound familiar?
Sounds and looks like a contender as the Z4’s granddaddy…

But would I want to sell such a nice Z4M as yours, hmmmm not sure tbh - glad it’s your choice and not mine tbh
Attachments
D65894DD-C218-4672-A95B-9794B3B5BE20.jpeg
D65894DD-C218-4672-A95B-9794B3B5BE20.jpeg (204.9 KiB) Viewed 570 times

Neilson

Post by Neilson » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:42 pm

LawrenceW wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:16 pm I adore Big Healey’s!!

Big lump upfront, gorgeous styling, great exhaust note, an absolute left field choice for the initiated - sound familiar?

But would I want to sell such a nice Z4M as yours, hmmmm not sure tbh - glad it’s your choice and not mine tbh
I know, decisions, decisions!
I’m looking for a silver one with possibly a hard top as well, which will remind me of the coupe when I get nostalgic 😂
The image is just the sought of place I want to take mine if I decide to go down this route!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:00 pm

Neilson wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:32 pm but I know when my wife sits in the Healey, she’ll fall in love!
Don't let her sit in one then. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Neilson

Post by Neilson » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:06 pm

Neilson wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:42 pm
LawrenceW wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:16 pm I adore Big Healey’s!!

I know, decisions, decisions!
I’m looking for a silver one with possibly a hard top as well, which will remind me of the coupe when I get nostalgic 😂
The image you uploaded is just the sought of place I want to take mine if I decide to go down this route!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:09 pm

The word 'Sebring' springs to mind here. Healey replicas with better everything. Mind you, they are not exactly cheap anymore! :wink:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Neilson

Post by Neilson » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:02 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:00 pm
Neilson wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:32 pm but I know when my wife sits in the Healey, she’ll fall in love!
Don't let her sit in one then. :lol:
Haha, you try and stop her! 😂

Neilson

Post by Neilson » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:05 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:09 pm The word 'Sebring' springs to mind here. Healey replicas with better everything. Mind you, they are not exactly cheap anymore! :wink:
I looked at the Sebring version, but as you say, they’re nearly as expensive as a lower end Healey, which I guess I’m looking at. I need to drive them and this will help me decide! Thanks for the advice though 👍🏼

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:42 pm

The Classic car route isn’t for me for the same reasons as Mr Tidy stated.

I drove a beautiful looking Morgan but the drive wasn’t as rewarding as the looks and I don’t think I would feel confident of leaving home without a toolbox.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:49 pm

ronk wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:42 pm I drove a beautiful looking Morgan but the drive wasn’t as rewarding as the looks and I don’t think I would feel confident of leaving home without a toolbox or a recovery truck.
Fixed that for you, Ron! :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:52 pm

:rofl: :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:30 pm

You have an amazing looking car, Austin Healey 3000 was my dream car also, still is. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Neilson

Post by Neilson » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:47 am

ronk wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:42 pm The Classic car route isn’t for me for the same reasons as Mr Tidy stated.

I drove a beautiful looking Morgan but the drive wasn’t as rewarding as the looks and I don’t think I would feel confident of leaving home without a toolbox.
I’ve heard the last one’s to be made (MK3’s), were pretty decent and very reliable, so I’m thinking this is the version I need to look at. It has better ground clearance, and most Healey’s all have updated brakes so at least I can stop! 😂
It would be a completely different driving experience, but definitely interested in getting behind the wheel, and I’ve just renewed my membership with the AA! 😂

Neilson

Post by Neilson » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:52 am

MikeyH wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:30 pm You have an amazing looking car, Austin Healey 3000 was my dream car also, still is. :thumbsup:
Thank you! I know I’d be upset in losing her, but it’s one of those scratches I might need to itch.
I have a test drive in a very early BN4 today, so that will give me an idea. It’s not the version I’m after, as I think I’d go for a late BN8. At least it will give me an idea of the driving experience. Watch this space… 👍🏼😁