Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First port of call for new members
MABZ476

Post by MABZ476 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:04 pm

Hi to you all

Newbie!

I have a Z4 56 Plate Convertible 3.0 Si SMG Auto Black with Black Leather M Steering Wheel with paddles etc. it’s my 1st Z4 with low mileage and low ownership with good history.

Any comments welcome.

I do have any issue if anyone can help.
The electric roof has been working with no
issues. I left the car out for a short time with the roof down and a rain shower came quickly and only lasted a few minutes. However the roof fail to operate when I tried to close it and the flashing light came on between the up and down switches. I managed to close the roof manually but no need to use the Allen key as the close button actually locked the roof. However it won’t unlock now and the red light is flashing but I can hear the motor making a noise.

Many thanks

Kind regards

MABZ456

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:48 pm

Welcome to the madhouse.
I wonder if the rain shower and your roof issue is just a coincidence?
So are you saying it won't unlock from the windscreen?
Which motor can you hear running, the one at the top of the windscreen or the one in the back?
Whereabouts are you.
There are roof fixers in Bristol, Lincoln, Newcastle, Norfolk (me :D ) and Hampshire.
Hopefully you're close enough to one of those for some assistance.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Welcome along.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!