Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Extended paddle shifters

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Hejnfelt

Extended paddle shifters

Post by Hejnfelt » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:55 am

But that's not what was described and the reason I'm spelling it out. The fancy solution isn't feasible with a reasonable effort.

Marcoose

Extended paddle shifters

Post by Marcoose » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:08 pm

At the risk of sounding obtuse, that’s what I want. I’m all ears for alternatives. But so far none meet the requirements.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

Hejnfelt

Extended paddle shifters

Post by Hejnfelt » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:17 pm

Essentially the utility problem became the excuse to have fancy paddles... in which case, case closed. The utility problem is fun to solve minimalistically and invisibly and I'll probably make some just for myself now that I thought about the problem. But for fancy paddles you need to look elsewhere I'm afraid.

Marcoose

Extended paddle shifters

Post by Marcoose » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:27 pm

You see, for the few right-handers that the longer paddle comes in handy, it’s not worth looking at a tacky solution 100% of the time. IMO, obviously.

Like the cupholder. Brilliant idea, but I drink and drive very rarely. Two holes in the middle of the console 100% of the time would bother me. However, with a lid, that’s another story.

There’s a Dodge extended stick-on, in black metal IIRC, that extends to one side only. I thought that with minimal adjustment it could work out. But then Asmo came in the picture with the right solution, and right is better than my butt jobs. It’s a pity that he went MIA.

Please do let us know what you gin up. I’m always fascinated by folk like you with this type of skills.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps