Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Court Sentencing

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by TitanTim » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:17 pm

Surely the law needs to be changed so people convicted of murder must attend their sentencing and face the music?

I'm amazed they are given the option to stay in their holding cell because they refuse to appear. What a farce.

Something is very wrong :cry:

Tim.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by mmm-five » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:54 pm

Ooooman rites ain't it :thumbsdown:

...but I'm sure she'll have plenty of regular 'friends' visiting her cell to 'keep her company' :thumbsup:
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by TitanTim » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:02 pm

mmm-five wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:54 pm Ooooman rites ain't it :thumbsdown:

...but I'm sure she'll have plenty of regular 'friends' visiting her cell to 'keep her company' :thumbsup:
Sunak has announced they are looking at changing the law to take away the rite, a little late in this case :roll:

Of course if she's threatened she'll most likely be moved to a more comfortable cell in solitary.

Tim.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by Pondrew » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:22 pm

TitanTim wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:02 pm Of course if she's threatened
I don't think there will be any 'if' about it. Apparently convicted criminals are very 'moralistic' when it comes to other criminals and their crimes.

There was a case where a convicted paedophile (can't remember his name TBH) was murdered in prison by a convicted rapist. That was all OK in the scheme of things, according to the prison 'code'. :roll:
Last edited by Pondrew on Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by mr.tourette » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:22 pm

TitanTim wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:02 pm
mmm-five wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:54 pm Ooooman rites ain't it :thumbsdown:

Sunak has announced they are looking at changing the law to take away the rite, a little late in this case :roll:

Of course if she's threatened she'll most likely be moved to a more comfortable cell in solitary.

Tim.
She'll spend her whole term in solitary, someone will get to her eventually though
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:27 pm

Appear for sentencing, go into segregation for sentence.

Refuse to appear, go into general population for sentence.

Simples.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by Nanu » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:39 pm

It's all about yuman rights aint it?

Imagine also if the criminal is a 6' 6" 18 stone monster. Would suggest it's unlikely you would get prison officers volunteering to force him from his cell into the dock. Also how would a judge manage the situation if all they did then was shout and yell abuse at anybody and everybody?

It all sounds good to politicians looking for votes but in practice it won't happen. Even the suggestion of beaming the proceedings into their cell, civil rights lawyers would make a fortune claiming it was akin to torture and Starmer as an ex DPP should know that..

The best opportunity was missed by the judge sentencing her to a whole life sentence.

If he had done so, but with a condition that she cooperated with the police on other enquiries and psychologists to understand why she did it so the families could get some degree of closure, the whole life sentence would be commuted to say a minimum 35 years. She would have had some incentive to cooperate. As it is.........?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm

So, no matter what you've done, you should be incentivised to cooperate with the court?

Nope.

Other way round, further punishment for non compliance. No tv, or no access to reading material, or no visitors etc, etc, etc.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Court Sentencing

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:26 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm So, no matter what you've done, you should be incentivised to cooperate with the court?

Nope.

Other way round, further punishment for non compliance. No tv, or no access to reading material, or no visitors etc, etc, etc.
That sounds more like it!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by Pondrew » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:13 pm

I am really interested in the details of this case; some of which will be divulged in the documentary to be aired any hour now.

I don't know any of the details but I still find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a young woman in her 20s went into nursing with the aim of killing babies. That is the general narrative at the moment. There just has to be more to it than that, surely?

I don't believe the documentary will enlighten me much TBH, as it will be biased toward the 'evil bitch' narrative IMO.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by patriot66 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:10 am

BBC journalist Judith Moritz was in court every day and wrote this article :cry: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66104004
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by TitanTim » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:54 am

Pondrew wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:13 pm I am really interested in the details of this case; some of which will be divulged in the documentary to be aired any hour now.

I don't know any of the details but I still find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a young woman in her 20s went into nursing with the aim of killing babies. That is the general narrative at the moment. There just has to be more to it than that, surely?

I don't believe the documentary will enlighten me much TBH, as it will be biased toward the 'evil bitch' narrative IMO.
She most likely didn't choose a nursing career to set out to kill people but it seems to me it was the realisation of the power she had over life and death, whether a particular instance went wrong because she messed up but then almost got a kick out it and how far she could then push the boundaries before extinguishing a life, who knows but a very sick, evil human being. Personally prison is far too good.

Tim.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by Pondrew » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:15 pm

patriot66 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:10 am BBC journalist Judith Moritz was in court every day and wrote this article :cry: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66104004
Thanks. I just read it all but am none-the-wiser, as is the journalist by the sound of it.

I have more than a passing interest in this case, as my baby son died in a neonatal unit. That went down as 'clinical negligence' and the persons involved were given compassionate leave and counselling. I am interested to find out where the lines are drawn between negligence and murder in cases like this.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

IRD

Court Sentencing

Post by IRD » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:44 pm

Medical care is a lottery. When my eldest granddaughter was on the way my daughter lived in Basingstoke. There were serious complications with the birth and no beds were available at Basingstoke maternity unit. My daughter was rushed to Dorchester in Dorset and my granddaughter weighed the same as a bag of sugar (1kg) when she was born. Neither she nor her mother were expected to live. However, owing to the superb care they received both survived and Ella starts her university course in October. Had they been admitted to the local maternity hospital the consensus is that neither might have been with us today.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Court Sentencing

Post by Nanu » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:21 pm

The bit that interested me was that a doctor she apparently fancied gave her sympathetic support on social media and via txt, when a baby died on the ward acknowledging the trauma she must have gone through as a result.

Some psychiatrist I was listening to on some news channel was speculating that she craved that attention so the more babies that died the more sympathy and attention she got from this doctor, apparently supported by txt read out in court.

It may not be true but apart from pure evil, its as good as any other theory as any, although from some of the stuff found in her note books I think she has a split personality and one of her personalities genuinely doesn't realise what she has done.

I wonder if we will ever now for certain? I hope so for the families sake.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White