Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

18 inch tire options

Discussing the current generation Z4
kolenda52

18 inch tire options

Post by kolenda52 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:55 pm

Getting ready to replace the tires on our 2021 Z4 M40i and looking for some advice. Do I have to replace the current Michelin BMW specific with the same? Are there other manufactures making BMW specific tires in the 18 inch size. Any help will be appreciated.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

18 inch tire options

Post by ronk » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:29 pm

kolenda52 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:55 pm Getting ready to replace the tires on our 2021 Z4 M40i and looking for some advice. Do I have to replace the current Michelin BMW specific with the same? Are there other manufactures making BMW specific tires in the 18 inch size. Any help will be appreciated.
If you are keeping the car then buy what you fancy - However my dealership did not like my non BMW choice when I was going to trade in!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

kolenda52

18 inch tire options

Post by kolenda52 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:38 pm

No suggestions on a tire? The performance center in Greenville SC appears to be using continentals on their cars.

mrwkuk

18 inch tire options

Post by mrwkuk » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:43 pm

BMW OEM Grade Michelin Pilot Sport are apparently a slightly better product than the commerciially available product if you believe Tyre Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COA630Juf_U

How they compare to other brands, I'm not sure. I dont think BMW approve any other brands though. In the UK at least, the price difference for similar "premium brand" products is pretty negligable, especially if you had the "run flats", so I would probably go with the Michelins. But If you aren't fussed about premium brands, and not worried about trade-in value, you can save a pretty penny by shopping around.

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

18 inch tire options

Post by B21 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:32 pm

kolenda52 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:38 pm No suggestions on a tire? The performance center in Greenville SC appears to be using continentals on their cars.
The new Conti Sports Contact 7, probably current top dog is only available for 19" and up rims..

Argyll Andy here swapped his old Michelins for the SC7s and was well pleased.

Maybe the GY Assy 6 is available in the US in 18"..a very good tyre too!
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: