Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof Error - Code A68D

BeardyJon

Roof Error - Code A68D

Post by BeardyJon » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:37 pm

Sorry to start yet another thread about roof problems and microswitches, but I can't find anything that definitively answers my question or refers to my specific issue. SimpleCarGuy had the same problem, but when he did his video halfway through found a broken wire and so didn't deal with fixing a busted Microswitch.

So, hopefully someone can offer some helpful suggestions or insights into what's going on:

Went to put the roof down and it stalled in the service position and bonged at me that there was a roof movement impairment. Couldn't get it to move at all. Had to turn ignition off and remove key until the hydrolics gave up and the roof lowered back down. Once the roof was lowered it would latch, but would not reopen again.

Checking ProTool, I have fault code A68D - Microswitch, Roof Shell 2 Closed, Right

I checked the live data from ProTool and triggered the microswitch to see if it was working, and it wasn't, so decided to buy a replacement.

Having checked RealOEM for the right part number, I ordered a new Microswitch at the cost of £45 (seems pricier than others have said previously).

Removed the faulty microswitch and replaced with the new one. Checked the live data from ProTool and triggered the microswitch to see if it was working, and it was, suggesting there were no broken wires, thankfully.

However, now that the switch is replaced, the roof still won't operate. At all now. Before I could get it to latch/unlatch and raise to service position. But now it just won't even start up. It's currently lowered almost into latch position but will not latch so its just a bit open and won't move.

I've checked ProTool for the error code, cleared the existing codes, but it's still saying the same A68D code as before, despite the microswitch being replaced and ProTool showing it was working.

What's gone wrong here? Have I missed something? Is there a Hall sensor that needs changing too? Is that what that "hall sensor vsw2.5" means?
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Roof Error - Code A68D

Post by flybobbie » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:50 pm

Your reader say "Hallsensor vsw 2.5"
You replaced microswitch?
Might still have broken wires, .
Wires need replacing at least back to boot area, both pairs for reliability.
From the forum i would say 90% of faults broken wires.

RobbiZ4

Roof Error - Code A68D

Post by RobbiZ4 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:42 am

As said,
there are always broken wires in the upper(!!) bow of the hydraulic harness, never broken microswitches (MS)!
Don't try to replace the MS in the rear roof shell.

Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048