Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Adjustable leg support things

Discussing the current generation Z4
mrwkuk

Post by mrwkuk » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:47 pm

So this is the first car i have with the adjustable front part of the seat. What does it even do?

Ive tried adjusting it back and forth and it seems to make no real difference to me.

It might just be because I'm 6'4" but my legs dont even touch the front part of the seat.

PSQ777

Post by PSQ777 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:30 am

mrwkuk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:47 pm So this is the first car i have with the adjustable front part of the seat. What does it even do?.

Ive tried adjusting it back and forth and it seems to make no real difference to me.

It might just be because I'm 6'4" but my legs dont even touch the front part of the seat.
It really depends on your seat position. I suspect if you are tall your thighs will be off the seat anyway. For us shorter people (5'10" here) it can provide additonal support which make long journeys even more relaxing. As an aside my other half sat in my car the other day and said "how do you drive with the seat this low ?" She hasn't got the roadster thing sorted yet :-)