Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

UK "NETT ZERO" ENERGY POLICY VERY TROUBLING

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:17 am

TOMGREEN413 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:01 am
TitanTim wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:16 am The bungalow I live in was built in 1971 and the heating system was warm air, think it was a thing in the 70s so you had ducting in the floors and walls with grills and a small gas burner. It was an awful heating system being noisy as it relied on a fan to push the air around and was an all or nothing warmth, dog used to like sleeping over the grill in the floor though 😀 They were basically just a large fan heater as soon it switched off the temp would drop like a stone.

Tim.
l used to maintain them back in the day and pulling the fans and filters was a horrible job, especially if the house had cats n dogs, the dust levels were beyond!!! They also were responsible for lots of breathing problems. Fortunately the last one I serviced was over 20 years ago.
I mentioned the old heating system when having the boiler serviced back in Feb and the chap said there's still houses on the estate with the original warm air system :o Amazed they're still running, why you would still want it unless it's a rental and never been replaced.

Tim.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:52 am

What is the alternative for these places? The warm air heater was generally build in the smallest of houses where there was no way of fitting radiators.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:22 pm

pvr wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:52 am What is the alternative for these places? The warm air heater was generally build in the smallest of houses where there was no way of fitting radiators.
These are standard 3 bed properties built in the early 70s so most have normal central heating now. I think warm air heating installations were more common back then prior to gas central heating/radiators etc, it's just that some have hung onto it rather than replacing it for something more modern. The pain when we replaced the warm air system was filling in all the warm air exits in the floors and walls.

Tim.