Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Liqui Moly Ceratec

"M" Specific discussion
GT Spec

Liqui Moly Ceratec

Post by GT Spec » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:38 pm

Hi all,

About to change the engine oil on the M Roadster. Just wondering if anyone on here uses Liqui Moly Ceratec additive and if you have any positive or negative feedback with it?

Cheers,

Aram
E85 M, Aero Skirts and Hardtop
Schrick 288/280 Cams and Rockers
Karbonius Race Airbox
BMW Motorsport 4.1 FD
Supersprint Full System inc 100 Cell Cats
163M CSL Rims
Bilstein/Eibach B12
Recaro Sportster CS

Diagnostic scanning and coding in Essex

maupineda

Liqui Moly Ceratec

Post by maupineda » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:59 pm

I use it. I have been alternating between this and MoS2. I don’t think it does much, but gives a bit of peace of mind you have “added” protection
Last edited by maupineda on Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

XMetal

Liqui Moly Ceratec

Post by XMetal » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:16 am

I use it with great result. Look at my oil analysis with Ceratec and MoS2 here => https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread ... l+analysis

MoS2 was tested at 49.4K miles and Ceratec was tested at 54.8K miles right before my rod bearing change. From the oil analysis summary table in that post above, MoS2 didn't appear to do much, but you could see how much Ceratec helped with reducing lead wear. Of course, this is only one sample point from my vehicle...so you mileage may varies as they say.

Adam D

Liqui Moly Ceratec

Post by Adam D » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:24 pm

I have been using ceratec for a few years now with the fancy shell helix ultra racing oil, sounded a bit quieter and maybe a touch smoother but that could be in my head :P give it a go and report back :)
Silver Grey 2007 Z4MR which needs to be driven more :evil: :P :cool: :D :thumbsup: