Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice NC500

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
taz1966

Advice NC500

Post by taz1966 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:56 pm

Hi,
Just finished this last week.Did this about 7 yeas ago and THE ONE THING THAT HAS CHANED IS HOW BAD THE ROADS HAVE GOT.
They are riddled with pot holes and bad surface. I thought that at one point my front shocks would pop through the bonnet.
The other problem is the locals hate you.My friend was out on his first trip and his number plate had fallen off. Within about 20 miles we were pulled over by the police in the middle of no where regarding him having no front plate. When we asked if he had seen us driving he said he had not but one of the locals had reported it.He then went on to explain the the locals real disliked all the cars.
We were even refused fuel in Durness with the owner turning the pumps off.
There was four of us me in my Z4M ,Ferrari 296 GTB, Aston Martin DB11, Porsche Cayman.
What i do agree with is the scenery is spectacular .
If you get the chance try to drive through Glen Coe Though not on the NC500 but is absolutely amazing.
Hope you enjoy your trip

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Advice NC500

Post by MrPT » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:21 pm

taz1966 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:56 pm Hi,
Just finished this last week.Did this about 7 yeas ago and THE ONE THING THAT HAS CHANED IS HOW BAD THE ROADS HAVE GOT.
They are riddled with pot holes and bad surface. I thought that at one point my front shocks would pop through the bonnet.
The other problem is the locals hate you.My friend was out on his first trip and his number plate had fallen off. Within about 20 miles we were pulled over by the police in the middle of no where regarding him having no front plate. When we asked if he had seen us driving he said he had not but one of the locals had reported it.He then went on to explain the the locals real disliked all the cars.
We were even refused fuel in Durness with the owner turning the pumps off.
There was four of us me in my Z4M ,Ferrari 296 GTB, Aston Martin DB11, Porsche Cayman.
What i do agree with is the scenery is spectacular .
If you get the chance try to drive through Glen Coe Though not on the NC500 but is absolutely amazing.
Hope you enjoy your trip
Interesting... I'm also looking to go again next year after a break of several years. I guess it was bound to happen, eventually.

Must admit, I was up a hill near Callander recently when a convoy of "fun" cars rumbled up the loch shore. They got a few comments from the locals, even when driving sensibly, and I did think that on any other day that might be me down there!
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone