Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Disrespectful?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Owdgit

Disrespectful?

Post by Owdgit » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:07 pm

War is never good, we have one day a year to remember our fallen and injured and they choose this day!
I'm somewhat relieved my wife's and my parents, who served in WW2, are no longer around to see how this country has become.
Surely tolerance is a two way street?
Nothing wrong with freedom of speech but to deliberately choose a day of remembrance is not going to earn my respect.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... respectful
I like to think I'm an optimist.

2010 Grey Z4 E89 N52 3.0 with stuff
2018 VW Arteon 2.0tsi daily workhorse
2020 KTM 1290 Superduke GT

pvr
Legend
Legend

Disrespectful?

Post by pvr » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:13 pm

It is not freedom of speech though, they are terrorist supporters and should be deported to the country (or countries) they seem to love so much without wanting to live there.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Disrespectful?

Post by ronk » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:16 pm

I sincerely hope they (whichever group) don't cause trouble nor make any attempt at hijacking the ceromony.
Last edited by ronk on Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Owdgit

Disrespectful?

Post by Owdgit » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:19 pm

I agree pvr, I was just trying to keep calm about it which is difficult when you see things like the two English lads who went along to the last protest wearing an English flag were 'asked' to leave by several Police officers as they could be construed as being racist!!
Never mind the people calling for a Jihad and bearing the ISIS flags, they are ok to do that.
I like to think I'm an optimist.

2010 Grey Z4 E89 N52 3.0 with stuff
2018 VW Arteon 2.0tsi daily workhorse
2020 KTM 1290 Superduke GT

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Disrespectful?

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:22 pm

As a veteran who has lost a few friends and colleagues in more recent conflicts (and also in peacetime, training to be ready for these idiots to make their next move) I sincerely hope that the morons keep themselves to themselves.
The irony is that it is more likely to be veterans arrested for reactiing in a provacative, nay racist, manner!
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Disrespectful?

Post by ronk » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:55 pm

They seem to forget that the freedom they have today came at a very high cost for many.

I really do hope that there is no nonsense - there will be many in the midst of ex service personnel who are still capable of looking after themselves and who won’t take too kindly to any form disrespect.
Last edited by ronk on Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Disrespectful?

Post by TitanTim » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:49 pm

I just hope if anything happens the Police don't turn a blind eye like they do with the Just Stop Oil protesters.

To be honest pretty sick and tired of Israel/Palestine. I wonder how much of the British Public are actually really that interested in what's going on in the middle East? The BBCs coverage for starters is complete overkill, pretty much 24/7 around the clock :cry: My dad served in Palestine after the war in 1948, it was a mess then, a mess now and will continue to be a mess so let Israel get on with it and if they succeed it still won't really change things. Iran and their likes will just continue supporting whatever evil doctrine comes along next, Isis, Hamas and ? and? and? it will just go on and on. I feel sorry for the Palestinians but I never understand why the populas in these places puts up with these evil leaders.

Tim.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Disrespectful?

Post by Nanu » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:38 pm

Unfortunately we can but hope that there is no trouble next weekend but we all know what will happen in reality.

Millions of Muslims have given there lives serving this country and in allied armies. Don't these idiots want to respect those fellow Muslims?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White