Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Black smoke when accelerating/ revving

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
x-driver

Post by x-driver » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:44 am

Indeed.
However I didn't get myself a 3.0L for not using it's power :D :D

Zowen

Post by Zowen » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:46 am

x-driver wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:44 am Indeed.
However I didn't get myself a 3.0L for not using it's power :D :D
Agreed still think the most annoying part of my Z4 is that the insurance is cheaper than my fiesta. Im recently 20 and I really expected it not to be cheap and its annoyed me that its cheaper than my fiesta by £200! Makes me want to get rid of the fiesta and find something cheaper must be something about the fez that makes it so pricey

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:59 am

Zowen wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:46 am must be something about the fez that makes it so pricey
Yup!
Every second teenager gets one and crashes it, so the premiums reflect the likelihood of the insurance company having to pay out.
When my lad started to drive he wanted a 1300 Fiesta as everyone assumes below that capacity makes it cheaper to insure. He ended up finding a really nice 1400 Ghia. His mates described it as a granny's car but precisely for that reason the insurance was half what it would have been for the smaller engined one.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zowen

Post by Zowen » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:15 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:59 am
Zowen wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:46 am must be something about the fez that makes it so pricey
Yup!
Every second teenager gets one and crashes it, so the premiums reflect the likelihood of the insurance company having to pay out.
When my lad started to drive he wanted a 1300 Fiesta as everyone assumes below that capacity makes it cheaper to insure. He ended up finding a really nice 1400 Ghia. His mates described it as a granny's car but precisely for that reason the insurance was half what it would have been for the smaller engined one.
Dam got 1.25 fiesta 800 for the year, 3.0 z4 600??? I thought it wouldve been as its the most stolen car in the UK I always consider selling it and getting a car with cheaper insurance (Leon FR been quoted 550) but at the same time ive had it 2 years and I haven't had to fix or pay anything on it outside of services and MOT so maybe the extra insurance isnt so bad woth how little repairs I pay