Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My first problems

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Re: My first problems

Post by Aebous » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:03 pm

Hehe, i was just :poke:
And I agree with you 110%
A driver should definitly know him/herself and the car....too many don't well on the road that is, not knockin on anyone here.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:20 am

Exactly, but you know I think you'd be suprised how many here probably don't know their cars as well as they think they do. Just be careful and push when you know the situation's safe, so you can learn your car. You'll never know if you never push it! :driving:
T.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:36 pm

fire-n-ice wrote:Exactly, but you know I think you'd be suprised how many here probably don't know their cars as well as they think they do. Just be careful and push when you know the situation's safe, so you can learn your car. You'll never know if you never push it! :driving:
T.
IDK about "here".... but in general, that's absolutely true.

I'm a HUGE believer in DE events.
People spend all kinds of $$$ on wheels, tires, etc. etc. etc. to improve the performance of their ride; yet...
it's a small few that make the one modification that will truly improve the performance of their car. :also stepping off soap box:

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 pm

I'm not referring to anyone in particular. Statistically speaking however, of the hundreds of members, there are bound to be a few - that's all I was saying :)

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:13 pm

For sure.. & just think about all the fun they're missing. :driving:

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:22 pm

inTgr8r wrote:For sure.. & just think about all the fun they're missing. :driving:
Teehee!!! You got that right!!

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:42 am

I'll be honest when I say I don't know the car yet 8) I've noticed that while I have more fun in the Z4, I push my truck alot harder around turns an such because I know what and how the truck will react. I can hardly find a nice place to push the car here where I'm not worried about other people, maybe on the back roads of lake mead. But then I'm worried that if I plow myself into a canyon wall that A) people will think for some reason I did it on purpose or B) No one will find me till it's too late.
*edit* I'd love to get in some advanced driving courses here, but $$$ is the limiting factor there.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

rosierobins

Post by rosierobins » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:20 am

staying on the topic that seems to have come about...safety!!! So is it okay to exceed the legal speed limit if doing so under SAFE conditions? I had a city cop tell me it was okay to do so.

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:13 am

Aebous, for some cheap track time, try SCCA or any other local car clubs that have track events. They are usually $25-$35 for a day of fun and a safe driving experience, even if not on a full track, you can still learn a lot about the handling of your car in a large parking lot. If you have a roadster, make sure that they will allow it due to safety concerns of a rollover.

Cheers!
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M