Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Oxygen and Exhaust Camshaft Sensor Error

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
abzthemanc

Post by abzthemanc » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:45 am

Hi guys, recently had some steering angle errors (classic trifecta lights, although angle appeared to be all good) which I was able to resolve through some threads on here.

At around the same time I was intermittently receiving the light symbol warning on dash, all lights were fine so hooked up reader and its reading:

2717 DME: Oxygen-sensor after cat.conv Bank 2 activation
3C1F DME: Exhaust camshaft sensor:signal

The warning light appears when car is started but then disappears after driving for a short while. Have cleared codes and they reappear so I assume this is a legit issue that needs resolving.

Any ideas where to start with this, im guessing sensors need replacing? Is this fixable at home?

Cheers

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:13 pm

After cat sensors are difficult to reach unless you get car high of the ground. I gave up on mine and got my friendly garage to do it for me. This was a wise move as they had almost welded themselves in place and had to be cut out with the exhaust downpipe re threaded

abzthemanc

Post by abzthemanc » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:57 pm

Good to know! If you don't mind me asking, what was the ball park cost with parts?

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:00 pm

Each sensor was about 70 pounds from autodoc and garage charged about 200pounds for fitting as it was such a challenging job.

abzthemanc

Post by abzthemanc » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:08 pm

Mike6 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:00 pm Each sensor was about 70 pounds from autodoc and garage charged about 200pounds for fitting as it was such a challenging job.
Cheers, with regards the exhaust camshaft sensor it seems more applicable from what i've seen - or am i wrong on this?