Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

This is EXACTLY why I hate car dealers!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TOMGREEN413

Post by TOMGREEN413 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:44 am

Sorry to hear your tales of frustration, its one of the reasons why I generally prefer to buy from private sellers, OK, this can have risks but to be honest I've bought some piles of funk from so called car dealers so due diligence is the name of the game. Over the decades of car purchases I'd say on average I've had better cars from private sellers, besides many cars on forecourts can be PX cars and Auction cars , give me an enthusiastic owner any day.
That being said I generally never follow my own advice :headbang:, I can think of a whole host of cars that were bought without test driving other similar cars for comparison because I stupidly and impatiently needed these cars in my life ASAP........TVR CERBERA, CHRYSLER VIPER GTS, EXIGE , PORSCHE TURBO and recently E86 Montego Blue Coupe :D..........fortunately the only car I ever purchased that was a complete PUP and NIGHTMARE to own out of the above was .........drum roll....?( wise heads know already)..........was the frigging.......Cerbera.....get cold sweats just thinking about it 25 years later......you couldn't make it up.....I can't recount the whole story now but perhaps I should, but when your speed 6 engine decides to eat itself and spit out metal shards into its sump then returns from TVR BLACKPOOL with a "brand new engine as said Mr Ravenscroft but we're only giving it a 6 month warranty ", to find its your original engine what's just had an engine flush and a few new parts you know you've got a serious problem :cry: The kicker was being told " yes Sir all our new replacement engines have mud and alloy corrosion on them from storage in our yard but we've stamped your original engine numbers on the head and block for your convenience "........ now that's what I call customer service.... :thumbsdown:
White e89 Red leather interior (But that's the wife's and don't I know it :/ )
Montego Blue Coupe manual si sport 💙 (Faster than the above....much faster :)

coldel

Post by coldel » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:36 pm

wow what service, scrubbing the Original engine numbers off and putting the ones on from your blown engine :rofl:

Ive only ever bought from a few indie dealers and private, never main dealer. The indie dealers I researched in advance, and have to say each time was a good experience. I remember just buying a mk2 Focus, only 4 grand from a dealer on the A13 and wasnt expecting much. Turned up the car was sitting there in the middle of the yard, completely clean, doors open, keys in the ignition, bonnet up all ready for an inspection. No pressure sale, let us look around in our own time, had a few niggles we negotiated a few quid off and bought it. Shame it got written off by a skip lorry that drove into it a few months later really...
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:02 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:09 pm Nanu, had your connected drive package came to an end? Mine did and I did not renew, just wondering if this is one of the features lost.
Yes and not renewed. Cant understand why this feature would be part of the connected drive package which I thought was the remote stuff such as updating maps and them dialling into the car to fix stuff.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White