Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recovery ain’t what it used to be…

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:19 pm

Update on this : RAC did not get back to me after waiting 10 working days so I phoned them . I was told that the waiting time for email replies was 20 working days to which I replied why does the auto reply say 5 days and don`t you think 20 working days is far too long . I was then passed to another person who couldn`t help me and then another who`s response was they do have relay limitations depepending on area but another relay vehicle should always be available waiting for you when you get there or within 30 minutes . The situation that I informed them about from this post they said was unheard of and must have been a combination of events ... . They informed me that I was not to worry and that most people are relayed to their destination within 30 minutes of the time it would normally take them if they were driving their own car .

Was I convinced . No not really but what are the alternatives .

I then received an email from them which included the following :

Thank you for your enquiry. Changing driving patterns and staffing challenges faced by all breakdown organisations are disrupting our service and it may take a little longer for us to respond.
Please rest assured we're doing everything we can to minimise delays.

In the meantime, if your enquiry is regarding a claim for reimbursement of costs, please send us copies of any receipts and explain how you would like to be reimbursed - by cheque or bank transfer. For bank transfers, please include your account number and sort code.

Yours sincerely

Sales Admin Team
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

Hilly30si

Post by Hilly30si » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:04 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:04 pm I suppose this is when the BMW Insured warranty pays off!

Our 335 developed a heater distribution problem ie Hot air blowing when ir should have been cold - Not a real "Breakdown"
Nevertheless, I called them, the BMW Man in a Van arrived, diagnosed the problem, booked me in next day to the dealership and arranged a hire car!

No complaints from me :thumbsup:
Dead right BMW have been brilliant to me on the three call outs. I had one fault come on the i drive screen to do with the mild hybrid battery 10mins later they phoned my mobile with a view to sending a technician out right away which was 21.30 on a Saturday I declined and he came Monday morning to sort it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:41 pm

B21 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:48 pm Three groups I know ( a neighbour and two friends) have all had the misfortune to breakdown in the last 28 days on long trips…in each case it’s electrical issue though it’s not relevant save a roadside or local garage repair was not possible…

As an aside since it now seems all garages are not willing to accept ad hoc work and therefore the option of taking a broken down vehicle for immediate repair goes out of the window.

In each case a trip of 200-250 miles home has turned out into a 12-15 hour recovery as the people subcontracted to do the work can only venture 62 miles from home base without a working tacho..

Most of the recovery fleet do not have tachos.

It’s based on an EU directive which HMG ‘ignored’ but GMB union brought a trst case to have it enforced.

First of all I thought it was my friend using a cheapo policy but yesterday and today found out AA and RAC are affected by this.

One to think about if like me most of your Zed trips take you more than 62 miles from home..
Exactly the same story being told on M3 cutters, took a guy nearly 20 hours to get home after a breakdown, was sat around waiting for sub contractors to move him 15 miles on one occasion - he is with the RAC
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:19 am

Im going to read the small print of my BMW Warranty/Assist Policy
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: