Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

headlight washer jet replacement

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Eeza

headlight washer jet replacement

Post by Eeza » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:28 pm

Hi guys thanks for the replies, OK let me add a little more detail.

The covers that are fixed to the washer units are missing on both sides of the car, the washers are there, and when I wash the screen they pop up out of the bumper on both sides, and screenwash was pushed out of them but as the tops are missing (Maybe the triangle bit ?) there is no pressure as the spray nozzle bit is gone.

I thought that maybe in the recent bad weather, the washers may have frozen and fatigued the plastic so they just broke off but looking at them both they look identical in that they both look to have to nozzle bit missing if that's even a thing. I assumed they came as a single part but if I can replace the nozzle and get new covers that would be a result.

Paddy, do you have a link to the Volvo parts by any chance? Looking on eBay they are more expensive than BMW and second-hand seems like a waste if I need to do them again soon. I'm guessing the ones on the car are original so should out last my ownership if I get new

Cheers Eric
3.0 SI in a lovely Black but easily marked Colour