Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Suspension Sorted

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Gingerlomax

Suspension Sorted

Post by Gingerlomax » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:50 am

Hi All

At the Weekend it was finally time to get car to Tuned UK in Wrexham for the Eibach handling package (Springs and fast road set up) also have the Meyle HD tie rods installed, and wow what a difference..

When i originally bought the car over 12 months ago it had Koni shocks fitted but with the original springs no idea why they never changed the springs and i dont think any setup was done and the Konis were just thrown on. The front end has always felt a little vague and the car always felt nose high, it doesn't anymore!! It feels flat and the front actually turns into a bend and feels planted. Under braking in the past it didn't give much confidence to break hard as it felt like it was moving around, not any more the whole front end feels solid..

My concern before getting this done was how will it feel day to day being a little lower on firmer springs, this is my daily car for the mundane drive to work and back. I shouldn't have worried about it, it drives better and smoother than before.

Richard of at Tuned UK is well worth a visit if you are thinking of getting your suspension sorted!!
2010 Black E89 35i

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Suspension Sorted

Post by B21 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:32 pm

Good feedback…glad it’s worked for you..

FWIW I think the Eibach springs and their suitability is driven by the wheel size/tyres and road conditions ..plus what speeds you drive at..

You could further improve the front end feel with better suspension steering linkages and on the rear with uprated RTABs and linkage bushes..

Laws of diminishing returns apply..

Enjoy the improved handling..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: