Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fuel System Upgrade

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
dumaurier7

Fuel System Upgrade

Post by dumaurier7 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:12 pm

So, I am currently in the process of getting my Z ready for tuning, so far, I've purchased a PR DIY stage 2.5 (Walbro 535) kit to upgrade the stock LPFP. After the initial tune on pump gas, I will be making the car Flex Fuel capable and setting up port and Meth. injection, which leads me to the question of how to install a second pump without compromising SAFETY due to the unique configuration of the Z's fuel tank with the side mounted access lid/filter assembly. After a bit of searching, I've settled on the https://precisionraceworks.com/products ... M40i cars, I am hoping that if it doesn't fit exactly, it will lend itself to be easily modified as it is billet aluminum, what are your thoughts? anyone have an E89 filter/lid on hand to take a measurement of the flange outer diameter?

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Fuel System Upgrade

Post by B21 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:39 pm

I think most members here haven’t wandered as far off piste as you are doing..

I took the uprated stage 1 pump in place of the OE pump.. as most folks here are running 95/98 Ron fuel..there’s no E30/40/50/60/85 here in UK..

I’ve got an upgraded EKP to match it.

In Europe there is E fuels but many countries restrict the level of modification that owners can undertake..

A friend of mine in Italy is doing a bigger upgrade but he’s not yet accessed the fuel tank..

I’ll ask him when he might..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

dumaurier7

Fuel System Upgrade

Post by dumaurier7 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:45 pm

I was hoping someone has at least changed their fuel filter and still has the old one laying around :( , oh well.......

dumaurier7

Fuel System Upgrade

Post by dumaurier7 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:50 am

It is 6" in diameter..
dumaurier7 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:45 pm I was hoping someone has at least changed their fuel filter and still has the old one laying around :( , oh well.......
It is 6" in diameter..

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Fuel System Upgrade

Post by B21 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:16 pm

dumaurier7 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:50 am It is 6" in diameter..
dumaurier7 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:45 pm I was hoping someone has at least changed their fuel filter and still has the old one laying around :( , oh well.......
It is 6" in diameter..
I suspect on this forum it will be our little secret :tumbleweed: :rofl:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: