Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Inspection 2 cost

"M" Specific discussion
mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Inspection 2 cost

Post by mmm-five » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:53 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:33 pm
mmm-five wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:25 pm But I don’t believe brake fluid or coolant are part of the Insp.II anyway (unless it coincides with the SI display).
It certainly doesn't look like it! :thumbsup:

But I only got the car 4 months previously and for a few years it only had oil services as it did hardly any miles. I wanted to have a good starting point.
Just do 30,000 miles a year in it, and do Oil > Oil > I1 > Oil > Oil > I2 at 3 month intervals and you'll be into the realms of 'over servicing' :P

Mine was serviced slightly more frequently on the oils/brake fluid due to track days / ring trips - so I was never overly-interested in what the OBC/SI was telling me.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Inspection 2 cost

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:37 am

mmm-five wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:53 am Mr Tidy wrote: ↑Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:33 pm
mmm-five wrote: ↑Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:25 pm
But I don’t believe brake fluid or coolant are part of the Insp.II anyway (unless it coincides with the SI display).
It certainly doesn't look like it!

But I only got the car 4 months previously and for a few years it only had oil services as it did hardly any miles. I wanted to have a good starting point.
Just do 30,000 miles a year in it, and do Oil > Oil > I1 > Oil > Oil > I2 at 3 month intervals and you'll be into the realms of 'over servicing'

Mine was serviced slightly more frequently on the oils/brake fluid due to track days / ring trips - so I was never overly-interested in what the OBC/SI was telling me.
To be fair the OBC/SI on the M tells me b*gger all, just flashes up a mileage when I start it.

Unlike my E90 that tells me about dates as well for service, brakes, cabin filter, spark plugs, brake pads, brake fluid, MOT, etc. Maybe you've been driving those new models too much! :lol:

My MC had an Inspection 2 in July 13, an oil service and cabin filter in October 14, oil services in October 15 and June 18 which is why I wanted to get everything sorted before I started caning it around the NC500 and Lake District. :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black