Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A few queries

"M" Specific discussion
M M M

A few queries

Post by M M M » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 pm

As per previous threads I picked up my new Z4M last week and have a couple of queries

1: See you home lights - I only tried this once but only the drivers side light came and stayed on - is this correct?

2: I think the two headlights have different bulbs in as one is a very white/blue light whilst the other is more yellowy - again i only noticed this quickly at the same time as i did the see you home light - as they are xenons how easy is it to change so that they do match if i notice it again?

3: Sticky handbrake: when i go to pull away for teh first time it feels like the hill assist is one even when on the flat so i assume i have a sticking caliper on the right rear - would this be normal brakes or the handbrake inside the drum?

apart from that i am loving being back in one again :)

SweetJB

A few queries

Post by SweetJB » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:56 pm

Hello, i don't know about 1 and 2, but 3 yes hill assist is always on , even on flat ground, you can "test" it, it only holds you if you press the brake a little hard. then holds you for about 2 seconds.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

A few queries

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:49 pm

Hill assist used to drive me nuts. Use the handbrake at the lights on flat ground. :thumbsup: