Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heater controls STOP working after battery light came on dash

Alfiedog

Post by Alfiedog » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:01 pm

Hi , so just been out and after I turned engine off the Battery light appeared on the dash and then went off after a minute or so but then I noticed the heater control lights all went out and the fan is dead so I restarted the engine and even with engine running there’s absolutely no lights or fan working on control panel. To me this points to a battery issue. Drove home had a look at battery in the back and the health indicator is still green but I do plan on charging battery first thing tomorrow. Hopefully the fan and control lights will all work once battery is back up to full voltage. Is this normal ( new to z4 ownership) thank you for any help/ advice

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:21 pm

Check the age of the battery..battery health is critical to E89s..all sorts of s**t happens with a poor battery condition..

Simple battery condition indicator not a valid indicator on E89s..

Charge battery off car or via battery post in the engine bay.

A decent BMW specific code reader is an essential tool for any E89 owner..

Good luck..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: