Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

window not working

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by MikeyH » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:02 pm

Took car to garage today for oil service, told me the driver's window wont go down just whirrs. Alright when I left it there :headbang: It's a cable from what I read on here. Time to look at the how to do place.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 pm

MikeyH wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:02 pm Took car to garage today for oil service, told me the driver's window wont go down just whirrs. Alright when I left it there :headbang: It's a cable from what I read on here. Time to look at the how to do place.
Honestly, having seen a few people describe changing the cable I think I'd be looking at changing the whole regulator.
I helped bigwinn do one on Jock156's car last year and it's not too fiddly.
Just sent you a PM.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by MikeyH » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:05 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 pm
MikeyH wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:02 pm Took car to garage today for oil service, told me the driver's window wont go down just whirrs. Alright when I left it there :headbang: It's a cable from what I read on here. Time to look at the how to do place.
Honestly, having seen a few people describe changing the cable I think I'd be looking at changing the whole regulator.
Just sent you a PM.
Thank you enuff_zed, it's such a shame I don't live closer to you. :D I've replied to your PM :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:09 pm

MikeyH wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:05 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 pm
Just sent you a PM.
Thank you enuff_zed, it's such a shame I don't live closer to you. :D I've replied to your PM :thumbsup:
Sorry been out fixing yet another zed.
Replied to you.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

window not working

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 pm

MikeyH wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:05 pm Thank you enuff_zed, it's such a shame I don't live closer to you. :D
You know the deal, free b&b and organised walking trips :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:37 pm

pvr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 pm
MikeyH wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:05 pm Thank you enuff_zed, it's such a shame I don't live closer to you. :D
Plus a very large garage, heated to tropical conditions and a river of coffee. :D

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by MikeyH » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:48 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:37 pm
pvr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 pm
Plus a very large garage, heated to tropical conditions and a river of coffee. :D
:rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by MikeyH » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:08 pm

Well, my part arrived today from enuff_zed as promised, all nicely wrapped up and boxed. Now I've got to strap on my big boy boots and get stuck into trying to fit it. He's kindly given me his phone number in case I need any help, I think he might regret that :rofl: :evil: :thumbsup: Thanks again.

pvr
Legend
Legend

window not working

Post by pvr » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:12 pm

Does he still have that premium rate number?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:29 pm

MikeyH wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:08 pm Well, my part arrived today from enuff_zed as promised, all nicely wrapped up and boxed. Now I've got to strap on my big boy boots and get stuck into trying to fit it. He's kindly given me his phone number in case I need any help, I think he might regret that :rofl: :evil: :thumbsup: Thanks again.
Ah, you'll be fine.
Take photos before you start, especially of the clamping plate at the bottom rear of the glass.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:39 pm

Just letting you all know that there is another expert zed fixer setting up in the Torquay area.
Especially if you need window regulators replaced.
Well done MikeyH for persevering. Satisfying isn't it? :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by MikeyH » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:52 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:39 pm Just letting you all know that there is another expert zed fixer setting up in the Torquay area.
Especially if you need window regulators replaced.
Well done MikeyH for persevering. Satisfying isn't it? :thumbsup:
Very satisfying, I think zed fixer is stretching it a bit though and I had a lot of help from the real expert today. :thumbsup:

N4LLY

window not working

Post by N4LLY » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:45 pm

Most excellent work team :thumbsup:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

window not working

Post by MikeyH » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:55 pm

Very tiring for some reason but very happy and saved money as well. :thumbsup: